These past few weeks have been INSANE! Life in Loompaland has been turned completely upside down, but mostly in a good way.
* The 4th of July saw the return of the Southern Oompas. This time they brought with them their mom (Dickidoo's baby sister) and baby brother. Welcome back Southern Oompas!
* My new job is a blast! I'm in my final week of training and if I had any doubts as to the wisdom of my move, I no longer harbor such thoughts. I still can't believe I'm getting paid for this!
* Dickidoo took me to see one of my favorite groups when they were in concert... AMERICA! I got my tee shirt and ticket autographed by two of the band members, but don't ask me who they were. I'm a lousy groupie, for all I know those two guys could have been a couple of roadies. Who cares, they were cute and they signed my tee shirt!
* And this year Dickidoo got me my birthday present early. Tickets to SANTANA! And yes, the concert is actually on my birthday... September 13th... (cyber presents accepted at this address .)
* On a sad note, Kimmie's mom is not doing too well so Kimmie and the Grand-Oompas will be returning to their home state to be with her until Gabe returns from Iraq. It breaks my heart to let them go but I know where I would want to be if I were in the same position so I am trying to adjust to being a long distant grandma again.
* On the bright side it will be nice having my Becca Bee home again. And Art should be home on the 20th. Gain some, lose some. I guess one can't have it all for ever but it sure was nice while it lasted.