Tuesday, August 21, 2007

DO YOU KNOW WHAT TODAY IS?

Its the first day of school, that's what it is.  Listen, what do you hear?  I'll tell you what I hear.  I hear me, myself and I.  And nothing else.  Nobody else.  I had to work but I observed a moment of silence at 7:25, about the time the first bell would be ringing.

I took a picture of the remaining Oompas last night as they prepared for school.  I'm sure all of their teachers will just be tickled pink to have them in their class this fall.  

By the way, for those of you who find yourself wondering, no those aren't the Oompas real pearly whites.  I bought the Bubba Teeth for the girls to wear the next time the men on the construction crew working down the block try to flirt with them.  Quite obviously nobody has warned them not to mess with the Oompas.  (and if the sweet Bubba smiles don't work, there's always the old Dickidoo Intervention and Intimidation routine.  That will make a believer out of anyone!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!  Just look at those happy kids heading off to school!!!  I think I heard your shouts of glee all the way over hear!  Yeehaaaa!!!  Enjoy!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I bet your enjoyed your peach and quiet!  Here's to many more!
Missie

Anonymous said...

we have 6 more days... ::sigh::

kelly

Anonymous said...

omg I was sitting here thinking omg those poor kids...lol
Im so glad they are not real lmao

Anonymous said...

i vote for dickadoo intervention and save the smiles for the school pictures ha ha ha it nice being back to school i am a lot grayer but only 10 yrs till i can retire
Deb

Anonymous said...

Those are great!  Hysterical even!  Bless their teachers!
Traci

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha.
nothing like the first day of school, right Dorn?

:]
Hugs,
Heather
http://singingwithmyheart.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

LOL That's a great pic but what I wanna know is, what in the world is that on the wall behind them? LOL

School starts back here Monday. Cameron's looking forward to it, but I'm not. I hate being sick. I've missed an entire summer of fun, fishing, swimming and picnics.

Enjoy your break Dorn.

Love, Lahoma