Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Mother of the Bride-To-Be, or My baby's not a baby any more.


I've been running like a mad woman these past few weeks helping to prepare for my youngest daughter's bridal shower and wedding.  It is the first time I've actually been able to help hands on, since two children had courthouse weddings and I was in Hawaii during the prep for the other.  (I was present for the dress and ring selection with Art and Stephanie and those memories are priceless.)
Rachel, or as many closest to the family know as Rocky, is my Mini-Me in more ways than one.  In fact, she has masqueraded as me on numerous hacks of both this Dust Bunny blog and Facebook.  My readers and followers have watched her grow up.  To her honorary cyber Aunties and Uncles, you could not be more proud of the amazing person she has grown into, or of the man that she has chosen to spend the  rest of her life with... and the cat and dog who complete their family.
Helping to plan her wedding (actually I'm just helping to make the decorations) is an honor beyond belief.  Last week we sat in her dining room with her sister Becca and Aunty Nim, and she called me Momzilla.  I fricken loved it!  Why? Because I was there and I was a part of it all.  My goals as a parent were simple.... raise my children, get them through school, prepare them for independence in the world, and entrust them into the care of another who loves them as much (almost) as I do.
I predict that I will cry at the wedding.  Don't be impressed, I cried during Lilo and Stitch.  But I know I will cry because I know how perfect this couple is for each other and I have faith that my daughter will be happy for the rest of her life with her husband John... and their cat and dog.
The only thing that could make this story any happier would be chickens.
Are baby chicks appropriate as wedding gifts?



3 comments:

Donna. W said...

Congratulations to the bride-to-be.

Melanie said...

Congrats to Bride to be!!!

ADB said...

Thinking of you