Saturday, May 1, 2010

HERE COMES SUMMER

Summer is almost upon us and yet I am not over come with the sense of dread I used to experience when the kids were younger. Gabe is never home. Zack is yak wrangling and pig corralling in New York. Art is getting ready to take off to Oregon for the summer and Becca has already begun the process for joining the Air Force after graduation. That leaves Rocky, who is also never home.

Which leaves me home with Shithound and Stupid Cat. Not cool!

I'm leaving for Georgia in a week or so for a partial Family Reunion. I'm so excited. After the cancellation of the planned Reunion I was to host this summer it wasn't certain when we could all get together. Big Sisters and Brothers in Law put their heads together, got the gears in motion and now 4 of the 6 siblings will be at my sister's house to enjoy our parents' company. Of course I will be fashionably late, but they've come to expect that of me. (Thanks to everyone who made this possible.)

And what of the rest of the summer, besides shithound and stupid cat sitting? My #1 goal is to have a Bachelorette pad in full swing by my birthday. I don't know who's more excited, me or Dickidoo. I wonder if he'll notice if I take the bed...

3 comments:

REGINA said...

HELLO JODY, i have missed reading you. hope all is well.

i hope you have a great time in georgia......call me.....lol. seriously, email me at wumzels2@aol.com and if you want to, and you aren't too far away, maybe we can meet somewhere while you are in georgia.

hope to talk soon.........

love ya, gf.

regina

TARYTERRE said...

He won't miss it. Take the bed.

hestiahomeschool said...

You know, you can always come stay with me sometime...