Friday, April 13, 2007

THE 4 LETTER WORD

Yesterday the weather man said a 4 letter word... s-n-o-w.  I'm really not liking that word any more.  But even more than that I don't like the word b-l-i-z-z-a-r-d,  because b-l-i-z-z-a-r-d  means LOTS of s-n-o-w !  And wouldn't you know, the darn weather man said the 8 letter word right along side the 4 letter word in the same forecast for the area.  I woke to about 5 inches of snow on Big Red.  Fortunately it brushed right off.  No s-n-o-w  day today for the Oompas!  We got more of the white stuff during the day, but it melted almost before it landed.  The b-l-i-z-z-a-r-d  had passed us by.

My allergies have cleared up without medical intervention.... probably because the snow has frozen all of the pollen to the plants from which they came from.  No itchy eyes, no sneezing, no stuffy nose and headaches.  Hmmm, there might be something to these 'early springs' after all.  (I'm still chucking that dang lying groundhog into the stew pot if I ever see him!)

I found a bottle of Pumpkin Spice coffee creamer in the fridge yesterday.  Now, just the flavor alone should have set off all kinds of red flags but I was too excited by my find that I never made the connection.  Pumpkin Spice is a seasonal flavor, seasonal like Thanksgiving and Christmas.  While it was still wintry outside, it is after all the middle of April.  I completely ignored the bells and whistles and poured a generous amount of the creamer in my coffee mug.

Do you know what Pumpkin Spice creamer from November tastes like in the middle of April?  Well, its kind of sweet and sour, with a hint of pepper.  That is a taste I never want to experience again for the rest of my life.  What a waste of a cup of coffee!

Its trying to snow again.  The night sky is over cast and the temperature is dropping like a rock in a pond.  The snow already on the ground glows softly in the failing light.

I think I just remembered how beautiful snow can be.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

snow isn't SO bad this time of year - at least you know it's not staying for long - the 3 or 4 inches we got the other day has already melted off the driveway!

Anonymous said...

OH NO! not a middle-aged dysfunctional domestic (non)diva ! how pathetic. It really saddens my heart to see old hag bags flopping around their near senile thoughts for some change.



Invest in a vikkis bra,too. they work wonders for women your age.

Anonymous said...

Snow?  Yeah I know what that is.....when the TV goes off the air there's snow on the screen.  And Dang Gum it, that's the only snow I wanna see, period, end of conversation.  You can keep it sweet daughter of mine.  
Dad

Oh yeah, thanks for them sweet words you kids sent.  Me and Mom were almost crying again.

Anonymous said...

snow, no allergies...lovin that...Sooo sorry about the bad creamer, I am not laughing at you, I'm laughing WITH you...

Michele
http://journals.aol.com/glensfork4/these-are-my-thoughts/

Anonymous said...

Quote...'The night sky is over cast and the temperature is dropping like a rock in a pond.  The snow already on the ground glows softly in the failing light.

My!  I really loved this poetic imagery.  There is beauty in snow after all!  And it comes in useful regarding the pollen by all accounts....blessings for the Oompas at last!
Stay warm and your usual happy self..... I 'command'   you never to change!   Lol!

Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Well, that last bit is quite, uhm, contrasting!  LOL  Snow is beautiful.  I love snow.  Anyone who reads my journal reads my crowing accounts of loving snow All Winter Long.  But even I've had enough.  Really.

Anonymous said...

Come & visit us in lovely warm & sunny Coventry, the place may be a sh*thole but at least its sunny & warm.

Anonymous said...

Here in Mid Missouri, we were supposed to get up 2 inches of that 4 letter word, but we didn't! yeah!

It's a cold, miserable, wet and windy day though. UGH!

Gif

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the last of the four letter word... glad the 8 letters passed you by...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

try chocolate raspberry

Anonymous said...

 I am so tired of that four letter work.  I want the 6 letter one, SPRING.

             Julie

Anonymous said...

So much for global warming.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard/

Anonymous said...

Were you guys hit by that horrible snowfall?  Hope you didn't have to dig out!
Lori