Saturday, April 7, 2007

BLOG CRAWL 4, Sibling Rivalry

I've got a lot of queries about what exactly a 'blog crawl' is so I'm going to cheat by cutting and pasting my original crawl introduction:

What exactly is a 'blog crawl'?

Well, it can be a way of searching for and through blogs. I think that is the technical definition but I'm not into technicalities.  I want simplicity, so in this case lets just say that a 'blog crawl' is when a group of bloggers all visit a predetermined group of blogs.  And lets liven it up by having the participating bloggers do a specific entry for the 'crawl' with a common theme.  Its kind of like a blog carnival, a journal jar, and round robin all smashed into one.  One established blog crawl specifies that the bloggers attain a certain level of intoxication for added effect before blogging but I will leave that optional.  I would like to keep the entries light though, for a 'bar crawl', from which the idea is derived, is a group of friends traveling from one bar to another and having a good time along the way.

How it works:  Participating bloggers write an entry based on the theme, which is entirely open to individual interpretation, and add the link to the comment section for the specific crawl entry here.  You can even use an older entry if you happen to have already blogged about the theme in the past, just make sure you use the entry specific address so we can link up to the correct entry.  Entries can be but are not limited to: fact or fiction essays, photos, video or graphic designs.  On the day of the Blog Crawl I will post all of the participating blogswith their entry addresses, and readers can visit them at their leisure, leaving comments if they so desire. 

Rules:  hey, I said I wanted simplicity!  For the bloggers, keep it clean, that's about it as far as rules go.  Stick to the TOS.  Not an AOL blog?  That's cool too, link 'em up.  Just keep in mind that you might not get as many comments if your blog host requires commenters to have an account.  I personally won't sign up for another blog account, I can't even keep track of the ones I already have!  For the Crawlers, same rules... be nice.  If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all (my mom used that on me a million times so now I can't help but repeat it myself... a million times!)

Interested?

April's Theme:  Sibling Rivalry.

A woman I met some years back gave me probably the best and yet at the same time the worst example of sibling rivalry I'd ever heard of.  Her baby brother was born when she was about 6 years old.  Up until then she had been the only child and she was not about to share the attention.  By the time her sibling was 9 months old she'd had enough.  She got her baby brother, put him in a large trash bag and threw the bag in the back yard next to the garbage cans.

Fortunately she had not yet mastered knot tying and when her frantic mother found the baby, the child was a little dazed but otherwise unharmed.  The sister would grow into one of the most attentive mothers I would ever.  I don't recall how her relationship with her brother ended out, but I'm willing to bet they are very close to this day. 

(That gives me hope for my Oompas.)

No reservations required, just link back here by Thursday, April 26, then watch for the entry featuring all of the participating entries, and start crawling!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter:) you get any snow? we just shoveled the sidewalks yuck i want spring nice weather:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

LOL... this one should be fun... I am in... soon...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is a good one. I will need to ponder this--whether or not to write about my own hooligans or my sister.
love, Kas

Anonymous said...

being an only child of an only child, who had an only child, i have no idea what you are talking about, lol.

so i guess i will skip this one....................

regina

Anonymous said...

I think I did a post about the phone jack being ripped from the wall.

Yeah

Poor Phone Jack.