Thursday, June 14, 2007

BECCA TO THE RESCUE

I have a confession to make.  I didn't actually add peanut butter to my instant coffee.  I wasn't that desperate.  In fact I didn't even make a cup of instant coffee.  Becca decided that she wasn't going to use the blouse I bought for her the other day so I returned it and got enough money back to buy some Folgers AND hazelnut creamer!  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  All better!  (thanks Becca Bee)

Gabe called last night bearing bad news.  Apparently his fiancee's mother's health is not the greatest so Kim will stay with her mother to help her out instead of moving out here while Gabe is in Iraq.  To say that I am disappointed is an understatement, but I understand Kim's position.  Hopefully her mother's health will improve.  At any rate, maybe I will be able to get out that way to visit after the baby is born.  And then I'll be able to see Little Zachary as well.  Yay

Its 6pm and I haven't even begun to cook supper.  It was supposed to be clam fettuccini but at this point its beginning to look more and more like a hot dog kind of night.  And beer.  Yeah, hot dogs and an ice cold Corona.  Now that's "whats for dinner!" 

Hmmmm, I wonder if there's any place in town that delivers hot dogs and ice cold Coronas.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that Kim won't be able to move to you sooner! I know it would be breaking my heart not to see those grandbabies in person yet....I think we should set up a send Dorn to see her grandbabies fund!!! lol  Who is with me on this???

Love ya Dorn and all your kids...Becca very nice to give Momma her caffeine! lol

Kimberleigh

Anonymous said...

hot dogs and beer...sounds good to me!
Becky

Anonymous said...

that actually sounds good...lol

Anonymous said...

Now there's a business idea...home delivery of hot dogs and Corona...bet you'd make a pretty penny, and corner the market...cuz, well, ya' know...no one else is doing it!!
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

Try the Chinese delivery.  They have everything.  hee hee....

I'm relieved there was no peanut butter, and no instant coffee.  ;-)

~Amy

Anonymous said...

Jody,

Sending you lots of prayers that you get out there to see those grandbabies in September... Maybe even Gabe before he leaves!!!  Sending lots of hugs and love... and glad you got that coffee!!!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Dorn, you need to get a box of those coffee tea bags that brew one cup...stash it away and you will always have an emergency stock..lol.  .... Sandi

Anonymous said...

oh man sorry about the crew not coming but i pray her mom is ok. on to the coffee you need to get a grinder and get fresh whole coffee beans much cheaper and you use less. I usually keep one or two bags in the freezer. It keeps longer. enjoy your time at the faire this weekend its gonna be really HOT!!!

Deb

Anonymous said...

Just remember you come anywhere near Kentucky you have to let me know so I can see you too!!!

Anonymous said...

i wish we were closer..............i have several containers of the hazelnut stuff.  and i don't drink coffee lol.

sorry to hear about gabe's fiancee.  hope all works out well for them.

blessings,

regina

Anonymous said...

Me? I would of had a meeting with my brood and approached them with this warning. I have no coffee nor creamer, if you don't want to be on the other end of what I become without those items a cup is being passed around now for funds lol!
Glad it worked out in the end. Sorry to hear Gabe and his fiance won't be moving near you now. I do hope you get to see your grandbaby in Sept. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Rats that stinks she cant come live with you, but hopefully that will change.  That Becca is a great girl saving you from caffeine withdrawal!
Tabatha