Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Finally, my day off!  Dickidoo is at work, the Oompas are all still in bed.  The house is silent.  Lovely!

I have been digging through piles and piles of laundry for the past couple of days.  We will be going to the Renaissance Festival this weekend (HUZZAH!) and I need to take inventory of what we have and what I still need to acquire.  The boys are easy, they'll just grab what ever they wore last year and they're good to go so long as I braid their hair.  The girls on the other hand are both physically and mentally incapable of wearing the same outfit two years in a row.  (Shame on me for even suggesting it)  This year Rocky wants to be a dragon something (?)  Her outfit MUST be purple, it MUST have a corset of some sort which MUST be pointy in the front, and she MUST have wings and horns.  Yeah, okay, no problem.  I'm sure Walmart has something like that in the Jr. Missy summer wardrobe collection.  (NOT!)  Becca will be easier to outfit I think.  She just wants to be a gypsy dressed in black.  We already have the skirt so we only need to come up with a blouse and all the trimmings.  Oh, and of course she MUST have a corset.

Dickidoo, who is usually pretty game about these kinds of things, refuses to let me dress him up.  I offered to sew him a pirate's shirt but he's as obstinate as I am lazy, so he gets to wear a  tee shirt and I have one less sewing project to worry about.  Me... I'm going as a medieval hippie!  I know, hippies didn't come around until centuries later, but the dress is perfect, except for the hippy paisley bandana print.   I know what it needs to make it more Renaissancy, a corset!

We'll be taking some friends along with us.  This will be their first time at the Faire.  They have two small boys and a little girl.  I get to help outfit them.  What fun, I'm so excited.  Its almost like when the Southern Oompas were here.  (Awwww, I miss my little Southern Oompas!)

I've heard from Gabe again.  We're looking at maybe late July for a visit (with family in tow?)  His fiancee is due in late September.  Hopefully she will be here in Colorado and settled down in an apartment by then.  They still haven't decided upon a name yet.  She has turned down all of Gabe's suggestions so far and has threatened to name the baby 'Riot' if he doesn't come up with a good one before the baby is born.  I wasn't too sure about 'Riot' as a name, but you know what, the more I say it, the more I like it.

A letter came in the mail the other day from the high school.  They are holding Art's report card hostage until we pay $350 for the marching band uniform he allegedly never returned.  First of all, I saw him roll the uniform up, still on the hangers and in the dry cleaner's bag, and stuff it in his back pack on the last day of school so I know he returned it.  And secondly, I already know what his grades are (its pretty bad!) so they can keep the dang report card for all I care, I DON'T WANT IT!

I ran out of coffee grounds yesterday, as well as hazelnut creamer.  I have 52 cents in my debit account.  (maybe I went a little shop-happy in preparation for the Faire... maybe just a little bitty bit).  I could ask Dickidoo for a loan, but he's a little bit (HUGE) ticked off at me because I disagreed with him (gasp!) about something last night.  I can only imagine how long my rap sheet must be by now, probably MILES long.  Oh well, I guess I'll dust off the jar of instant coffee.  Hmmm, I wonder how peanut butter tastes in coffee?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

peanut butter in coffee??? let me know for  the next time I run out!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Good lord, woman!  Put down the instant coffee and go pick up the plane ticket I've reserved for you to come to my house and have coffee.  I've got Kona, and life is too short for bad coffee!

(Uh, skip that peanut butter, too. ;-P)

I keep saying I want to go to a Renn Faire, but I always forget when it is....every dang year.  (Also, my 17 yr old just said "I hope she puts pictures of the boys in their Renn-wear."  LOL)

~Amy

Anonymous said...

NO COFFEE???!!!  Yikes.  It must be bad if you are willing to drink instant!  We went to the Ren fest in May.  The little girls were princesses and the rest of us went as pirates.  We had a ton of fun.  Good luck.
Traci

Anonymous said...

zach went to the faire last year he had so much fun:) enjoy your week and weekend at the faire:) hope you get some more coffee and creamer soon:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I hope you found some coffee and had a great day!  Have fun at the Faire!
Lori

Anonymous said...

I used to go to the Sterling Renaissance Faire here in NY every year loved it. And yes, I did the dress up bit as well. Girls are never easy are they? You and I tend to find trouble without even trying. Hubby will cool off soon enough when it's time to eat. Men turn into putty when it comes to their food. Eww Instant coffee is bad enough, I hope you didn't put PB in it. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

OMG... you disagreed with your hubby??? LOL  We would have named or eldest 'Lobsterhead' if it was a girl... LOL

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I love when you go to the Renaissance Festival!!! I still have the images in my mind from when the older boys all looked like Johnny Depp pirates of course! You have such a beautiful family Dorn and I can't wait to see more baby pictures  So with the name being thrown around of riot can I assume that you already know it's a boy?? lol

Love,

kim

Anonymous said...

Now I love peanut butter but I don't think it would match hazelnut in the coffee! lol better butter up Dickidoo!!!!!
love ya, carlene

Anonymous said...

Oh the fairs are such fun. I know you are going to take a lot of great pictures. Gosh men never grow up do they...they say women pout I dare to disagree...they are kings in that area.  Sandi

Anonymous said...

peanut butter huh...might be good.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was going to the faire with you guys!  We have King Richard's faire that come to Mass every year but not until september, I have great childhood memories form there.  Please take lots of pics to share.  I feel your pain, instant coffee ewwwwww but peanut butter just may help.  Have fun at the faire.
Tabatha :)

Anonymous said...

Oh come on, Dorn! A corset sounds like fun! You have two girls for a cheering squad and things will definitely get a lift! Have fun and take lots of pics!

Anonymous said...

LOL jo...... I dunno if you've been reading whats been going on in my blog..... but LOL I ALWAYS use my ASSOCIATE DISCOUNT CARD before I use my DEBIT CARD LOLOLOLOLOL I hate those stupid SELF CHECK OUT THINGS oh god they take so friggen long to lol process your debit card and all that lolol

Ps.... PB in Coffee LOL you are one sick woman HAHAHAHAHAHAH
but we gotta love ya :P


xoxoxox,
Christopher

http://journals.aol.com/cmarlow330/ChristophersJournal/



Anonymous said...

i still think it sucks that they won't let him have his report card, bad or good.  hope they can find the uniform.

the faire sounds great.  a friend i used to know years ago always made mine, hers and our kids costumes for the local faire.  she was asked by the people at the faire to actually do some costuming for them.  worked out great for a few years.

have fun.

riot does sound like a cool name, lol.

regina