Sunday, June 17, 2007

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

 There were a few times back in February when my brother, sisters and I sat together in the beach cabin and reminisced about our childhood.  I think the number one thing that most of us recalled was the scent of his after shave.  Old Spice.  I love it to this day.  Little indiscretions were always blamed on an imaginary dog named 'Snippy' who lived under the table.  He was our hero because he would volunteer to eat the artichoke hearts so we wouldn't run the risk of choking on the deadly hairs.  I didn't eat my first artichoke heart until I was married, and when I learned how easy it was to peel the choke off of the heart I realized the genius of my father... all those years eating all those artichoke hearts...  The Oompas, by the way, have never fallen for that scam, dang it!  Happy Father's Day Daddy!

And Happy Father's Day to Steve, the father of my children.  (Hey, they're 50% your fault too Dickidoo, don't you forget it!)

An extra special Happy Father's Day to Gabe, the father of my grandbaby (plus one more on the way, YAY!)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol..At 53 years old, I still have not eaten an artichoke! So I can not relate! lol
My daddy only wore old spice...there needs to be a reunion of "old Spice" children! lol
Loved this entry!
hugs,
carlene

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your tribute!  Yes, your dad was very smart!  LOL

Hope Dickidoo had a nice day...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

great tribute to your dad :) Happy Fathers Day to your Dad, Steve, Gabe:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jody.  Your wishes for Happy Fathers Day are accepted and are appreciated.

Dear Ole Dad

Anonymous said...

I remember buying Old Spice for my dad on more than one fathers day, i was shocked to see the price recently...it used to be so cheap!!

Anonymous said...

Old Spice..that brings back memories. Still love the smell today too. I think it's the Chanel #5 of the older male species. Glad everyone had a great Dad's day, my hubby enjoyed his...it lasted the whole weekend.  Sandi

Anonymous said...

It must be a military thing...My Father wore Old Spice too! I think I will go out and buy a bottle of it just to sniff my way down memory lane. lol

I fed anything green they tried to get me to eat under the table to my St. Bernard......Igor Von Klutz.........I loved that dog! lol


XOXOX
K.

Anonymous said...

 Wonderful tribute.  


            Julie

Anonymous said...

Those are sweet memories!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Nice memories to share.  Snippy?  LOL!