Thursday, June 21, 2007

OOMPAS GO TO THE FAIRE


Zachary demonstrates that there is no future for him as a pirate.  He humored me this time, but his next trip to the faire will be as a Squire.


Art, on the other hand, has no visions of grandeur.  He is now and always will be a rogue pirate.  And look, he's got a jar of dirt!


Last year I posted a musical slide show of pictures I had taken at the Faire.  Somehow the video made its way to the Colo. Ren. Fest. online forum where I was introduced to some of the wonderful cast and crew of the Faire, including the lovely and talented Mistress Charlotte, a face painter/ artist extraordinaire!  Rachel, dressed up as a proper Lady, walked away looking and feeling like a princess.


Rebecca, showing off some of Mistress Charlotte's work, was also a lady for the day.  People kept remarking on her beauty.  Oh, if only they knew!


Nope, we couldn't talk Dickidoo into dressing up.  But that didn't keep him from participating at the faire.   Here he is getting the snot knocked out by a co-worker during the public square pillow fight.


But fear not, Dickidoo made a miraculous recovery and saved the land from the evil young tyrant!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks like fun...

I should look into seeing if there is anything that goes on like that here where I live...

~Jennifer
http://journals.aol.com/perkysgrl/APickleForYourThoughts

Anonymous said...

Fun!  Your kids are beautiful.  As my horse trainer used to say though, Pretty is as pretty does!  LOL
Traci

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much FUN! I wish I could have come along! <LOL>

Anonymous said...

Oh your boys are so handsome and the girls are beautiful. Art looks like he would fit right into the pirate thing with Johnny. We need a picture of Momma.  Looks like everyone had a lot of fun...Love,  Sandi

Anonymous said...

OMG..HOW FUNNY..DICK WON GOOD FOR HIM.
your children are very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

 You have the most beautiful children, you must just stare and them and beam with pride.  Looks like you had a wonderful time.

              Julie

Anonymous said...

i know you already know this.........but your children are so beautiful....and handsome. lol.

i have this crush on johnny depp as capt. jack sparrow, and believe me, art looks alot like him................of course, so does my sweetie, michael.............

thanks for sharing these pics.

hope all had a great time.

regina

Anonymous said...

LOL....  what great pics!!!  I love Art!!!  He looks better than Johnny Depp!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Lol I agree Zachery looks too much like a charmer to be a pirate, squire works! Art what can I say he would of fit right in on the rogue side. Both of your daughters are truly beautiful. Loved the pics! Sounds like a truly wonderful time was had by all in your family! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

My kidlet:  "Boys with eyeliner.  ::sigh::"

Heh... I'll join the consensus that you've got gorgeous kids..

~Amy

Anonymous said...

OH...MY...GOD

Johnny Depp has serious competition. And she looks so pretty, too!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Your children are so beautiful!!!
Looks like you all had a grand old time! How fun!
Hope everything is going well for your family.
Take care and God bless

Anonymous said...

LOL love all of the pictures:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

wow I knew you'd have lots of great pics, but those aarreee reaaly good pics, it looks like SOOO much fun.
MELISSA

Anonymous said...

Those where great!
Tabatha :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!  GREAT pictures and just beautiful children.  Well, teens.  LOL!

Dickidoo will pass with a push (that was an expression of my dad's)