Wednesday, December 19, 2007

WHAT I'VE BECOME

I have changed.  People tell me so all the time.

"Jojo, are you okay?  You look like crap!"

Not only do I look like crap now days, I smell like crap.  My Elizabeth Arden's Fifth Avenue is over powered by the fragrance of regurgitated Similac.  When I return to work after lunch I almost always have cereal, cookie, or baby burps smeared on my shirt. 

I have no need for eye liner since I now sport naturally dark circles under my eyes.  My vocabulary includes words like 'mum-mum', 'peek-a-boo!' and 'ewwww! Who made a stinkie?' 

There is no such thing as sitting down to relax.  Sitting down leaves one's lap open to immediate occupation.  Filled cups are fair game for little hands and thirsty lips.  Papers, especially important looking ones, become instant napkins and teethers.

Babies can sleep through loud TV shows, laughter and other screaming babies.  Babies could probably sleep through an earth quake.

Babies cannot sleep through a tip-toed exit and the quiet click of a door.

Babies may not understand English but they understand the sound of a tip-toed exit and the quiet click of a door.

Babies have an emergency warning system to alert other babies. Babies practice this emergency warning system frequently.  It works very well.

Crying is contagious.  So is screaming.

So this is grand-motherhood.

I'm loving it! 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, isn't grandmothering one of the BEDT jobs we could have?  I have only one to grandmother, but it is super fantastic!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Sounds wonderful.... I'm glad you are finally getting to have grand babies in reach to love on.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!  I can only imagine the chaos.
Traci

Anonymous said...

I miss it just from my kids.....but grandbabies...oh my heart just flutters at the thought and I (hope) I have some years to wait.......anxiously.

Michele

Anonymous said...

So glad you're loving it!  I'm looking forward to it ... maybe ... in a few years ... LOL!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your enjoying being a grandmother!
Missie

Anonymous said...

I can see you sitting there now...saying...come on abuse me...lol...I guess the kids have taken to you dear...enjoy it a lot they grow so fast...Merry Christmas love, Sandi

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!!  I am so happy for you!!!!  It sounds like baby heaven!!!  lol

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

:-)   I am looking forward to it myself. Of course, Shelby is still nursing, so....I have motherhood to recover from myself...

Anonymous said...

lol!  nothing like it!!  glad you are getting to enjoy it.
gina

Anonymous said...

The happiness shines through in your words!!  Have fun...
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

I may be evil but its so nice to read about someone else having the 'i love the baby but i'd commit murder if it meant a decent nights sleep' syndrome. Glad you're enjoying having being a grand-mother, just think....at least you can hand them back.
I hope you and yours all have a great christmas...VampJack x

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad!
Lori