Tuesday, April 22, 2008

THE CAR KILLER

I'm hell on motor vehicles, I really am.  The Little Blue Go Cart is paralyzed... I'm sure it will end up being the transmission.  Big Red's steering is shot... kaput!  And after my little 'Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!' departure Friday morning (witnessed by Dickidoo himself) I apparently have 'glossed the clutch' and now The Hemi is stalling out and acting 'not right'.  Personally I think there is nothing wrong with the Dodge but made the mistake of pointing out to Dickidoo that he stalls out too (which he does) and he took that opportunity to suggest that it was my fault... as usual.

Oh well, what can a car killing woman do? 

I suppose revenge would be in order but not this time.  Dickidoo has decided that Big Red would be the better candidate for repairs and will start working on her this evening.  (Anything to keep me from further damaging his Precious!) Woo Hoo!

Due to my destructive ways, we are now left with only one working vehicle.  For the past two days Dickidoo has dropped me off at work by... you guessed it.... o'dark hundred.  And for the past two days I have hoofed it home.  Yesterday I made it home in 55 minutes.  I thought I was doing good until I found out that it was only 2.7 miles.  Today I made it home in 50 minutes.  I better be losing weight with all of this, that's all I can say.

Not true.  I can say a lot more.  For instance walking 2.7 miles for two days in a row actually felt good!  There was only one part of the walk, just one block from the house, where I found myself out of breath and feeling like the fat old lady that I am.  The rest of the way was really quite invigorating.

But I'd rather be driving Big Red.  Hook me up Dickidoo!  Yahoo!

p.s.  Mama just got the all clear from her doctor.  She is officially cancer free and the annoying little port in her side has been removed.  Big Sis Lisa has just finished her 4th treatment and will begin a new cycle soon.  She is loving her smooth as a baby's bottom head though I imagine she will have to cover up once the heat of summer sets in.  She also hasn't had to shave her legs or armpits for 3 weeks now.  I guess there really is an up side to all of this.  Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.  They do help and are always appreciated.

Dorn~

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT news about your mom and sis, Dorn....YAY!!!!!

I hope Dickidoo can resuscitate Big Red REAL soon. What a bummer!

Car killer. You slay me!!
:) Carol

Anonymous said...

  Great news about your Mom. I'm really happy to hear it. As for Big Red, how many years have I been reading your blog? Isn't that old soldier retired yet? Seriously, there's a compactor calling it's name. Hey, maybe you can donate him to the film crew shooting the feature film remake of The A-Team. Big Red can go out in style. I love it when a plan comes together.
-Paul
http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

Anonymous said...

Terrific news about your mom.  
Missie

Anonymous said...

so glad moms doing so good

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that your mother got the all clear!  And I hope that your sister is doing well with her treatments and that they're working.  Hope the vehicles are all back in working order soon.  2.7 miles is a pretty good little walk.  You've got to be doing yourself a lot of good.
Lori

Anonymous said...

We are having car woes as well.  It really stinks!  Good luck with your car adventures!  And with the walking.
Good news for your mom!!!!
Traci

Anonymous said...

<<<<<<<<applauds the decision for big red getting fixed.  also mom's good news, and sis's treatment going well.  

walking is really good for you unless you have foot or leg problems.  just make sure you have really supportive shoes.

be blessed,

regina
http://journals.aol.com/wumzels2/SEDUCTIONOFLIFE

Anonymous said...

I think Dickidoo needs to get YOU a NEW vehicle.  And, I am so happy mom and sis are well.  They are always in my prayers.

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Great news on your mom, so happy to hear it. Praying for your sister (always).

UGH on the car troubles....I know how you feel with that. Glad Red is getting fixed for you.

good job on the walking (I have recently started too, 7 days in a row) and also joined Weight Watchers (tonight is weigh in)

Michele

Anonymous said...

what about the gocart gonna fix it too or give it to one of the driving oompas?

wait.... I think I read your entries outta order.. I saw something about big red wasnt fixable.... now it is..... im confused lol I just got home on vacation lol


-- Christopher