Friday, March 28, 2008

8 MONTH WINTER, 4 MONTH SUMMER (or Lucky you live in the Rockies!)

There are only two Oompas in the house at the moment, so why is it so noisy?  Art is in Oklahoma at the Melee Spring Equinox and Becca is at the movies with her boyfriend and his family.  That leaves Zack and Rocky, who have decided that Will Smith's 'I Am Legend' must be watched with the volume cranked to the max.  I used to think Will Smith had a sexy voice.  Not any more.

Its still winter here.  I had to chisel a thick sheet of ice from my windshield this morning, making me 4 minutes late for work.  I've been living here the Rockies for 14 years now and still have not gotten used to having only 2 seasons in the year... winter and summer.  Summer begins two days after the last snow fall, when ever that is.  Winter begins with the first frost.  That gives us about 4 hot scorching summer months, then BOOM!  Winter!

March is almost over, can you believe it?  In like a lion, out like a lamb.  Yeah, well, have you noticed that the lamb has a very thick warm coat of wool?  I am not inspired!

By the way, FYI:

271 Days Until Christmas.
Ho Ho Ho!  Ha Ha Ha!

p.s.  I take it back, Will Smith still has a very sexy voice.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my... you are definitely still in Winter there!  LOL  Our seasons are confused... very confused.  I am tired of it.  Mother Nature needs to chose a mood and go with it.

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

We still have a little snow on the ground here from the other night's "thundersnow." But the sun is shining, and that's always nice to see. Hope you warm up soon!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for picking my journal for guest editors pic of the week

Anonymous said...

We only have two seasons here in Florida, too!!! Hot summer and mild summer. LOL We are still in mild summer, but HOT summer is right around the corner. I think in order to truly appreciate where we live, you and I need to trade houses for a while. Let me know....LOL....I live near St. Petersburg/Tampa, about two miles from the Gulf of Mexico.

;) Carol

Anonymous said...

im sooo sick of winter

Anonymous said...

I could not live in a place with 8 months of winter.  Hats off to you!  I don't know how you do it.  Hope your having a good quiet Sunday!
Missie