Saturday, March 22, 2008

I WISH I WERE IN DENVER...

The Southern Oompas are in Colorado!  Dickidoo, Zack and the girls drove up to meet them and attend the Denver March Pow Wow last night where they were all going to be staying in the same hotel.  I had to work and Art had prior commitments so we planned to leave this afternoon.

Before I left to pick up Art and head up to Denver I was rushing around the house looking for something to wear.  Optimistically, but totally unrealistically, I glanced in Becca's closet.  One glance at the waist band on her teenie tiny pants sent me scurrying out of her room and back into mine.

All of my fat-jeans were dirty so I grabbed a pair of skinny jeans.  The first pair wouldn't even make it past my thighs.  The next pair got as far as my hips.  The third went on but there was no way I was going to get that zipper up.  By that time I was working up a sweat.  Hmmmm, a couple hours of this and I might just sweat off enough to get one of those jeans on!

I settled for a pair of stretchy skinny pants, added a buccaneer's blouse, black leather vest and I was dressed to meet my beloved Southern Oompas....

Or not.

Springtime has retreated into hibernation as winter takes over the foothills of Colorado, covering it in a fluffy blanket of snow yet again.  Normally I would enjoy the beauty of the unexpected weather, but not today.  Old Man Winter came calling and I don't dare drive the little Tracer up north in the snow.  I am holding on to the hopes that the snow will clear and the roads will be better tomorrow morning.  Got my fingers crossed, and toes, my legs and my eyes crossed too.

So close and yet so far away!  Grrr!  I miss my Southern Oompas! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do hope you get to visit!!!!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I hope the weather clears for you.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Oh the thought of you trying to get into those pants.  I have been there!  LOL  no wait, not lol.  Big tears!  LOL
Traci