Sunday, March 23, 2008

HAPPY EASTER

Have you ever heard the song "I'm Dreaming of a White Easter"?  No, probably not because there is no song about dreaming of a white Easter.  Why?  Because nobody wants a white Easter, that's why.

Or at least I don't want one.

The Southern Oompas had to leave this morning because their parents needed to get home to deal with an unexpected emergency back home.  I guess it was just as well since I ended up working late to deal with the recent cantaloupe recall at the store and would not have been able to drive up to Denver until after 2, not giving me much time to visit.   Dickidoo told me later that he saw skid marks running off the road and cars stranded along the interstate where I would have traveled last night so it was a good thing I hadn't tried to make the trip in the snow.  I feel better now knowing that but last night and this morning I felt really bad and almost cowardly for not chancing it.  Being as Art would have been with me I'm glad I didn't.

On the bright side, there is tentative talk of a summer vacation out here when school lets out for the Southern Oompas, this time with Mama and Baby.  Woo Hoo!  The more the merrier.  The Grand Oompas will have lots of buddies to play with!

I hope everyone had a wonderful day whether or not they celebrate Easter.  Now that the gang is home safe from Denver we shall begin enjoying the occasion.

Slight oversight on my part.... no colored hard boiled Easter eggs.  I'm going to fix that right now.  Its just not Easter in Loompa-land  without colored hard boiled Easter eggs dipped in maple syrup.  (yucky! )

Dorn~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you missed your family... Happy Easter... enjoy the grands...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Dipped in maple syrup?!  I'm sorry you didn't get to see the kids.  Better safe than sorry though!
Traci

Anonymous said...

We had snow Saturday but thankfully it didn't last.  Have a good week!
Missie