Tuesday, February 14, 2006

STUPID CUPID, START PICKING ON ME!

Now, before you congratulate me, no, this is not a picture of a gift I received this morning from my sweetheart.  This is a stock photo of the gift I would LIKE to receive from my sweetheart.  (Big time heavy hint here Dickidoo... do you see it?)  My earlier subliminal message for the SPEEDCLEANING 101 author has as of yet gone unanswered so I have decided to take a more obvious approach with Valentines.  And.... to add a little gentle persuasion I handed my honey of 23 Valentine Days a card and a bag of Hershey's Peanut Butter Kisses.  Art thinks his dad won't produce, but I think other wise.  Last year it was lobster, this year I feel.... flowers, yes!  Or maybe a nice bottle of wine.  (Or a box of wine, that's nice too.)  Or maybe just a nice cuddle on the couch and dibs on the remote control for the evening!  And for those of you who think that possession of the remote control isn't a big deal, you obviously have never sat down in front of the TV with Dickidoo before!  He wants TIVO with the ability to not only flip through channels but the option to fast forward and rewind as well.  I say... OVER MY DEAD BODY BUCKO!  (Did I ever write about the time I stood behind him with a universal remote and every time he changed the channel, I would flip it back?  I wish I could have seen his face, but all I could see was the back of his head as he kept pointing and shaking the remote at the TV trying to get it to stay on one channel.  He finally busted me when I couldn't hold back my laughter anymore.)

So anyhow, Happy Valentine's Day Dickidoo!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL LOVE the remote thing!! Would have loved to see his expression lol..
wasn't it in the movie Grumpy Old Men where Walter Mathew did that same thing to Jack Lemmon? lol...  

I hope Dickeydoo values his life enough to "remember" to get you some CHOCOLATE! lol

Anonymous said...

Chocolate anything is good.  He should spoil you a bit..it's in the marriage contract...read the fine print.  Hubby gravitates towards the remote too, when he sits on the couch he has to know where it is, if it isn't in his hands. Anyway he flips through the channels so fast how do you know what you are watching? Oh, well I prefer my computer anyway..although I too do click away like crazy....Have a wonderful day....Sandi

Anonymous said...

Awwww! Happy Valentine's Day Dorn!  I hope you & Dickidoo have a great day!
Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

I hope you get a box of wine, chocolates, flowers and lobster!  You deserve it all!

Be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

LOL...good one on the remote!  I need to try that.  I'm holding out for a trip myself...our first ever since producing the minions (yes, today...on the day of love...mine are minions). ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

I hope you get what you want for the big day!
I am reading speed cleaning 101 myself. I was thinking the same thing about not owning any of that stuff myself. I prefer the lazy woman method of cleaning. Just don't do it!!
Michelle :)

Anonymous said...

lololololololololol

Anonymous said...

we do that trick with the kids...lmao....drives them crazy....and sometimes it still takes them a while to figure it out...lmao....especially if we stand in the kitchen and throw the remote up on the fridge before they turn around and see us....lol....

kelly