Monday, July 10, 2006

DUST BUNNY MASCOT

Check it out, its a Dust Bunny.  And its not just any old Dust Bunny, its a 'Dornbrau' Dust Bunny.  How cool is that?  It sure is nice to have such talented Oompas living in the house.  Thanks a million Becca, I love it!

Its just after noon and its not raining... yet.  That's a first for the past two weeks.  In fact its rained every day since we picked up the swimming pool.  Don't get me wrong, we needed the rain and I'm glad we got what we did.  In fact it wouldn't hurt to get more.  Sadly its come about 2 years too late for my lawn.  While all of the other yards in the neighborhood are springing up thick, green and lush, our only claim to fame is for having the biggest mud puddle in town.

I've got the blues.  I haven't heard from Gabe in over a week.  No news is good news, isn't that how the saying goes?  News from the region has been sparse, but rumor has it that good things are in the works and I should be happy, but I sure could use a little first hand reassurance. 

Today is National Clerihew Day.

clerihew (KLER-uh-hyoo) noun:  A humorous, pseudo-biographical verse of four lines of uneven length, with the rhyming scheme AABB, and the first line containing the name of the subject.

example:

Dornbrau the Dust Bunny President
Has many a wee dusty resident
With the Oompas and Dickidoo her spouse
They live happily in their big dusty house.

Yeah, okay, maybe clerihews are not my specialty.  I'll just wait for National Milk Chocolate Day!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.brightweavings.com/forums/messages/2/142636.html

We had a lot of fun with a clerihew competition last year on Brightweavings.com.
-Paul

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE your clerihew!!! It is wonderful!  And, the dust bunny logo is fabulous!!!  Becca is quite the artist... hope you get to enjoy the pool soon!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

LOL love your dust bunny!!   Becca did really great!!..

I'm way on the east coast but we've had more thunder storms in the last 3 weeks then I remember ever having here in any one season! but you are right.. the lawn here is green... and thick... and tall because it stays so wet no one can cut it!...

Anonymous said...

mmmm chocolate!

Anonymous said...

awww what a cute dust bunny. I'm with you on waiting for chocalate day. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Becca is very talented. It's so cute!!!!

I've never heard of a clerihew before now, but I sure enjoyed yours. LOL Good job!

(((Dorn)))

hugs
Lahoma

Anonymous said...

Hello friend. I read your journal every day and you always make me smile. Tammy http://journals.aol.com/memes121/AsIAM/entries/703

Anonymous said...

You are such a talented bunch!  With portraits and poetry!  Glad to know what a clerihew is--I was afraid to ask last week.

Anonymous said...

Cute drawing BECCA ! ! ! !  RAH RAH!  
Dorn, I still wanna know ... WHERE do you come up with some of this stuff ! !  ho ho he he ha!  I wonder if it has anything to do with your caffeine intake?
ps ... I hope you hear from Gabe soon.  It is such a pleasure to have Steven home.  I know you know how difficult it will be for me to let go of him in a  few short weeks.  

Anonymous said...

Becca has talent....encourage her to draw more. Love your poem....Sandi

Anonymous said...

I love the bunny!  She did a great job.  And your clerihew is quite lovely!
Hope you hear from Gabe soon.
Traci

Anonymous said...

aww what a cute bunnyyy


<3jackie