Wednesday, January 17, 2007

BONDING, Hawaii 5-0 and the new Dirty Dish Fairy

The girls have finally bonded.  They kept me up the other night with their laughing and giggling, oohing and ahhhhing over girl stuff.  I only got 4 hours of sleep thanks to their noise, but I didn't mind.  They were actually playing nicely together for a change.  And the reason?  Rocky had discovered the art of make-up.  It was a 'coming of age' celebration of sorts.  Almost overnight Rocky, my little tomboy who always felt like an ugly duckling next to her big sister, had blossomed into a beautiful young woman. 

Unfortunately the bonding only lasted as long as the make-up session and they were back to fighting the following day over who has the biggest mouth and the stinkiest feet.  Grrrrr!

I have sooooo many requests to take folks along with me when I go to my parents 50th Anniversary (the big 5-0!) in Hawaii next month.  Between my blog friends, my home friends and co-workers I believe the waiting list is about 50 names long.  Unfortunately I cannot fit everyone into my suitcase (which is actually a back-pack being as I do not even own a suitcase) and still have room for my clothes... I don't want to run the risk of being kicked out of the state for indecent exposure so I regretfully announce that I shall not be taking anyone with me.  Send me an email with your address and I'll make sure you get a postcard of me sipping Coronas on the beach ... maybe with a hot surfer dude in the background... hehehehe!

Today is 'Ditch Your New Year's Resolution' day.  Dickidoo said that since it can't be verified that it isn't a real holiday and therefore I can't ditch my resolution to make more home-cooked meals.  That's lame at best, but that's okay.  I've actually been enjoying my creative time in the kitchen.  And  with Zack filling in as the 'dirty dish fairy' I've got it made!  I cook, and he washes up my mess.  Yay Zack!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

 My sister lives in Hawaii and keeps inviting me but I am scared to death of flying.  Beam me up Scotty.

             Julie

Anonymous said...

You will be blogging from Hawaii at least, right?? I mean I can at least live vicariously thru you <LOL> I can't complain about the cold (it was 78 here yesterday), but I think Hawaii is probably much prettier <g>
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind/
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh I don't want a photo of you in Hawaii sipping a Corona.. I want one of ME there! lol

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Zack is right!  I am my own dish fairy.  But as the girls get older they will be doing it!  I hope.
Since I didn't make any resolutions I can't ditch any!
I think your daughter is so beautiful!  Too bad the comraderie didn't last long!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Oh well.. .so much for my Hawaii vacation! LOL  Rocky looks too grown up!  Tell her I like tomboy Rocky better... lol  Aw... she is gorgeous though.

Check out kraftfoods.com for great easy recipes.  I have made 3 so far this New Year as it was part of my resolution too!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Dorn, Have a great vacation with your family. I know you will have a blast. Soak up some rays and enjoy the beautiful scenery.I will be thinking of you. Don't forget to post and send us lots of pictures!

Anonymous said...

omg she is soo beautiful

Anonymous said...

hello missy. long time. im just stopping by to say hi~

take care and be good.


Diamond

Anonymous said...

oops, i didn't wait long enough........i ditched my resolution three days in........my bad...........

regina

Anonymous said...

Oh, she looks so pretty---and so grown up!!! Tabby has started wearing makeup too...

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous girl you have there! She takes a very pretty picture.
Lori
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/DustyPages