Sunday, March 11, 2007

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS... (again!)

It rained last night... a nice, quiet, gentle, thirst quenching, truck seat soaking rain.  Under normal circumstances I suppose I would have been upset to find out that I had left Big Red's window open and that my seat was sopping wet but I was just so happy that it wasn't the colder, frozen snow or sleet that the dampness of my seat really didn't bother me.  Is it spring yet?

Its Daylight Savings Time.  I hate Daylight Savings Time.  I think I'm the only person in the state of Colorado who has to 'spring forward' on the way to work.  Everyone else is 'sleeping forward' while I'm trying to convince my sagging eyelids that there has been no mistake, I'm really supposed to up at this time.  Hawaii doesn't have daylight savings time.  Hawaii has a time system all their own.  Hawaiian time is 'we get there when we get there'.  I like Hawaiian time.   My eyeballs like Hawaiian time.  If I were still in Hawaii I'd be in bed.  But no, I'm in Colorado and I think I'm the only person in the entire state springing forward.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dunno Dorn, I never have understood Daylight Savings Time.  Do I have to have a daylight savings card?    C'mon, tell me the truth!  Do you really miss Hawaiian time?  "I not late, I stay Hawaiian time".   We use that excuse all the time and everybody accepts it.  lol

Dad

Anonymous said...

 Normally until they moved it forward I would have to work an additional hour totally 13, I am not fond of it either.  

                 Julie

Anonymous said...

lol well alot of us are springing forward.
I was invited to my sisters for breakfast this morning at 7 am but when I arrived they were still in bed...lol
I woke them ...lol

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Dorn...can't stand it-at least in the morning...I do like the sun more in the evening, but I will be so hateful for the next week or two trying to adjust.
Just got up now @ 10:00....well really 9:00 if we didn't change that sounds better.
Michele
http://journals.aol.com/glensfork4/these-are-my-thoughts/

Anonymous said...

I want Hawaiian time, I want Hawaii weather!! Sigh!! So it goes here we go again changing our bodies nature time clock to adjust to some smuck's idea of a joke. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

yes the rain was great:) i agree with you on day light savings time. i hate losing 1 hour of sleep ugh.. have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

I hated springing forward this a.m. too.
It was hell.  Ugh.  Here's to more sleep for both of us :]
I hope you had a good weekend!
Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

{{{ Jody }}}} Hang in there... it is hard to spring sometimes...

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

LOL I like Hawaiian time too!! Sorry about the wet seat Dorn and it sure does feel like spring here. I'm ready to plant my garden but I'm gonna hold off just in case March decides to go out like a lion.

hugs
Lahoma

Anonymous said...

I wish we didn't mess around with the time!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard/

Anonymous said...

sorry forgot to mention what a great picture that is.
MISSY  

Anonymous said...

I'll trade ya!  I would give almost anything to be back in Colorful Colorado, but then I have never been to Hawaii, although from the pics I have seen of it, it is a beautiful place, but so is Colorado!!!!!!!!!!!!  ::wink::

Blessings!~

Susan