Thursday, March 15, 2007

ISLAND OOMPA


April multi-tasking... she spent more time on my cell phone than I did.

Meet April, the littlest of the Island Oompas.  She is my brother's youngest daughter, but don't be fooled by her tiny, angelic appearance.  This one is a firecracker, and a very intelligent one at that.  Being the smallest in a house full of giant Aunties can be intimidating for anyone, but not for April.  One night she came down the hall of the cabin with her dinner plate in one hand and her other hand on her hip.

'I can't eat in the bedroom cos no one will let me, but can I eat at the table?  NO!  Because there is no room at the table.  And can I eat on the sofa?  NO!  Because there is no room on the sofa!  I can't eat anywhere!'  she said indignantly, stomping her little foot.

Knowing she had a legitimate complaint didn't help me to fight back my laughter so I hid my face as I made room for her at the table with the Aunties. 

What fun if the Island Oompas, the Mountain Oompas and the Southern Oompas were ever to get together.  It would almost be as fun as when my brother, sisters and I get together.... Almost but not quite.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

 What a cutie.  Reminds me of my neice.

                    Julie

Anonymous said...

she is so cute!

Anonymous said...

all the oompas in one place...................scary thought, lol.  make sure you get a gas mask if that happens dorn...........

regina

Anonymous said...

Awww... she looks like a doll!!!  Feisty is good!  It will serve her well in life!!!  

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

She's too cute!
I bet she'd have a blast with your Oompa's!
Hugs,
Heather
http://singingwithmyheart.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

ohhh lord.... All the Oompahs on one house...... That sounds like lol a death wish lolol bc yall all be in there farting and burping and lol running out of tolit paper lol and man oh man that would be like a fallout in that house :P

lolololol.. But it would make one good laugh to sit back and watch :P~~~


~ Christopher ~


http://journals.aol.com/cmarlow330/ChristophersJournal/

Anonymous said...

What a cutie she is!

Anonymous said...

LOL what a cutie:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!  You have a big, fun and loving family.  I'm envious!  How did you get so far away from the islands and wasn't it hard to adapt to snow country?  

Anonymous said...

I just skimmed through the latest entries.  You have the cutest family.  Your parents are the cutest!  And the littlest Oompa is adorable!  
Traci
http://journals.aol.com/deshelestraci/MylifeasatransplantedYankee/

Anonymous said...

Oh she is funny, who is she calling? :)
Tabatha