Thursday, March 29, 2007

Be Careful What You Wish For...

For the past couple of months I have been whining and belly aching about winter and how badly I wanted it to be done and over with.  I was sick of snow, and cold.  I wanted the warmth of spring.

Apparently the Great Maker heard my whine... er... wish, and decided to grant it.

Poof!   Its springtime in Colorado.

Springtime in Colorado is a time for rebirth and regrowth.  Its warmth and sunshine.  Its brightly colored flowers and lush green trees.  Its the birds and the bees, and baby animals.

Its pollen and hail storms, rain and mud.  Its mosquitoes and flies.  Its warm manure piles cooled by southerly winds.  Its cold and allergy season, and I am currently suffering from both. 

We had a short hail storm the day before yesterday with dime sized chunks of ice pelting us at 50 mph.  This evening's forecast... 40% chance of snow.  The same is predicted for tomorrow night.

So tell me again, why was I so excited about the coming of spring, because I seem to have forgotten.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL... I hear ya... I hear ya....

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Ya have to go thru spring to get summer Jody...that is why

lol

Michele

Anonymous said...

I'm trying my damndest not to get excited.....I know for a fact it's a bit early for spring yet. But I will curse Mother nature if she even thinks of dropping any more snow on us now LOL. Sorry you have to deal with the allergies hon. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

we got about 4 inches yuck quit wishing for spring ok lol

Deb

Anonymous said...

Today I see brown grass and browner moss with just a tad of a snow pile from the plow left over.  But tomorrow?  Who knows!

Anonymous said...

 LOL, oh yes, the biting bugs, mowing the lawn, people playing their radio's way to loud outside, spring is here.

                    Julie

Anonymous said...

Well, I'd add short skirts and low cut tops, and open toed shoes and skimpy see through panties...but that's just me!

Anonymous said...

Oh Boy!  Not quite the spring you had in mind, huh?

Anonymous said...

the good, the bad, and the ugly....all wrapped up in one nice lil season, huh??  hopefully, you'll get to enjoy some wonderful spring days before summer sets in.
gina

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're getting off lightly - heard of a tornado in your state on Thursday

Anonymous said...

If I can add it here's a poem to spring:
 Waiting for spring
     with baited breath
     As we emerge from
     winter's death

     A chance to be reborn
     refreshed anew
     First flowers of spring
     shake their lovely heads
     as the bees debut

     As the days progress
     my friends arrive, little
     green lizards, frogs and
     such
     Filling my garden with
     everything I love so
     much

     Gently green my Garden
     thrives and grows
     Lovely in the morning
     light and evenings glow.

     Spring had arrived.

Enjoy your spring.....toodles...Sandi