Wednesday, March 14, 2007

LIFE WITHOUT LISA, and tasty farts

Its been a week since Lisa, aka the Dirty Dish Fairy, left us.  For the most part Zack and I have tried to fill her shoes, but lets face it, washing dirty dishes is a dirty job.  I hate it!

And of course along with missing her company and housekeeping skills I find myself missing her baking skills even more.  No more hot, fresh buttermilk biscuits in the morning.  No homemade cookies.  There is only half a jar of her strawberry freezer jam left.  It makes the Smuckers in the jar beside it look dull.  I may have to start rationing the sweet ambrosia.  Perhaps I can stick some of that Smuckers into a similar mason jar and trick the Oompas into believing it's the freezer jam.  Of course one taste and they'll know... but it just might slow them down a little.

Do farts have taste?  Yes, most definitely and emphatically YES!  I tried to hold my breath after Rocky cut one loose this afternoon, believe me I tried but couldn't hold it long enough to make it across the polluted room.  It was as if I was running in slow motion for the door and freedom.  At the last minute my lungs gave out I took a long, deep gasp... but I wasn't far enough.. agh!  Nasty!  Even gargling couldn't get the taste out of my mouth!

The memory of the taste still lingers in my mouth.  From now on that girl is going to eat nothing but candy and flowers.  If she has to fart, at least they will smell sweet!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry your Dirty Dish Fairy had to leave.  Ewwwwwwwwww-Rocky is stinky.  Ya gotta learn to move faster!

Anonymous said...

is lisa on her way to my house by any chance?

Anonymous said...

LOL  You are so funny... you always make me laugh... I wish I had a Dirty Dish Fairy that came to bake... I would even do the dishes!!  lol

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

LOL too funny

Deb

Anonymous said...

Boy I had some reading to do to catch up, see what happens when you don't keep up!  So glad that you had time with your family in Hawaii, I had stopped there many years ago on my way to marry In Tokyo....I thought Hawaii was beautiful...Sandi

Anonymous said...

ROFL, Jody.  I forget how you wit slays me.  Have missed reading your journal.  I stay so busy anymore..........sorry.

Hugs and prayers,

Susan

Anonymous said...

  I wish I had a fairy to do the dishes and bake.  What fun.  Don't need to share the farts though.

                 Julie

Anonymous said...

We have a new pet--a hedgehog--that cuts loose with the most repulsive wee farts...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the next generation is coming along right on schedule in the gaseous emissions department!!

ROFL,
:) Carol

Anonymous said...

methane gas girl............methane gas, lol.

regina

Anonymous said...

Mmm.
My gramma makes awesome freezer jam.
I hope you can ration it out!
:]
Hugs,
Heather
http://singingwithmyheart.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thank you for helping me keep laughing!! I would of never have thought that farts might actually have flavor LOL!! (Hugs) Indigo