Tuesday, March 13, 2007

SPRING THAW and where's my fricken shoes!

It was 74° this afternoon.  I walked around leaving a trail of wetness as I slowly thawed in the warmth of the sun.  Warm... I had almost forgotten what it felt like.  I like warm.  Warm feels soooooooo good.  Ahhhhhhhhhh!

The girls are always accusing me of loving the boys more than them.  That is, of course, just not true.  I may 'like' the boys more, but I certainly don't 'love'  them more.  The boys may swipe my Cokes, but they leave my chocolate truffles alone.  And the boys don't wear my shoes.

I am seriously considering placing a hex on my two daughters.  I wasted 20 minutes this evening looking for something, anything to stick on my feet so that I could go to the store.  I'm not normally a vengeful person but I really hate wanting to go somewhere and not being able to find my shoes where I left them.  I am thinking about cursing them with mega large feet, so large that they can no longer borrow my shoes.  I wear a size 7 1/2 to 8.  I haven't got small feet so for my girls to have larger feet would really get the message across.

Hmmmm... come to think of it, I have much larger feet than my own mom's.  I wonder............  Nah, she would never have cursed me... would she?  Mama?

This is the six of us at Nimitz Beach at Barbers Point, Hawaii.  George is my little and only brother.  In front of him from left to right is Lisa the eldest; Naomi the second eldest; and Val the third.  In the very front is me and my baby sister Vina.  (That was Lisa and Val in the bed with Mama a couple of entries ago... not me although it is easy to see why some people thought otherwise.)  Yes, I really do have the largest hands and feet of all of the sisters but I'm sure it had nothing to do with me borrowing Mama's shoes without permission.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ayuh ... I wouldn't be counting on it, dahlink.

Anonymous said...

lol, I was looking for my shoes last night too, although my shoes are way to big for the kids I guess they just can't wait to fill them, Take care and have a wonderful day, MISSY

Anonymous said...

I actually "borrow" my daughters....she has cuter shoes. We were in the high 70's yesterday, but maybe getting thunderstorms for the rest of the week. Strange weather we are having....Freezing, snow, rain, sunshine, warmth and that was yesterday..

Michele
http://journals.aol.com/glensfork4/these-are-my-thoughts/

Anonymous said...

  Matthew passed me in foot size when he was 11. Good thing about having small feet: no one can borrow your shoes. Plus, you get the left over sizes at the shoe clearance sales.
-Paul
http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

Anonymous said...

Great picture!  What a nice group.
My daughter is 11 and she grabs my shoes all the time, too.  The only thing worse than not being able to find a pair of shoes where you left them is finding only one shoe.  I swear sometimes I can only find one shoe of several pairs, but no two shoes alike!
Lori
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/DustyPages

Anonymous said...

What a good looking group... and a very cool picture!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind/
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I went through the shoe faze with my daughter 2 years ago. She always had mine on and the thing I couldn't understand was, what was wrong with the closet full of her own shoes she had. Thankfully she outgrew my shoes, I'm only a size 5 1/2-6.
She now wears a size 7  1/2 . Yippee!! no more missing shoes. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

You are such a pretty girl..love the pic

Anonymous said...

It was 80 degrees here in the heart of Dixie today.  I wear a 9 and my daughter wears a 71/2 to an 8, but she still wears some of my shoes.  Arrrggghhh!  Great pic of you and your siblings.  Guess my Mom really hexed me, eh?  She wears a 7, lololol.

Miss you!~

Susan

Anonymous said...

such a beautiful family...............poor brother.............

blessings,

regina

Anonymous said...

oh, and by the way, if you cursed the girls, they would still wear your shoes, and then they would be stretched too big...........i know...........it happened to me, lol.

regina

Anonymous said...

I steal my mom's shoes all the time, except I wear a 7-7.5 and she wears an 8.5 or 9.  I usually steal the flipflops or mules or stuff like that. LOL!

I love that pic of you & all your siblings.  Its beautiful!
Hugs,
Heather
http://singingwithmyheart.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

good lord.. poor george! lol..

love that you did this photo as a b&w! Looks fantastic!