Thursday, February 21, 2008

JR. HIGH HURLING CHAMPION (really!)

Rocky was sick yesterday.  She called me from school asking that I pick her up early.  She had gotten sick right in the hallway, right in front of the Vice Principal.  Poor thing I thought, how embarrassing.

Not at all.  Rocky is a hero to her classmates..  She almost barfed all over the vice principal's shoes.  In fact some of the spray probably got on his shiny penny loafers.

I always try to buy the Oompas ice cream when they are nauseous.  The ice cream doesn't help or cure them, it just tastes and feels better coming back up than anything else.  Rocky wanted Cookies and Cream ice cream yesterday.  Normally I would insist on plain vanilla, but she is, after all, the Jr. High Hurling champion so I went to the store and bought her a half gallon of Blue Bunnie Oreo Cookies and Cream.

Note to self:  NEVER buy a child with the stomach flu Cookies and Cream ice cream.  It comes up looking like diarrhea and it gives the child bragging rights "Hey, I tossed my 'cookies and cream'!"

Why can't she be whiney and pitiful like normal sick children?  Needless to say, Rocky spent the day home with me today.  I had to run to the store for some groceries and poor sick little Rocky asked me to get her some Dove chocolate.

"Not if you're going to waste it on your Vice Principal's shoes!"

That was just wrong of me, I know, but I couldn't resist it.  It was in fact a perfect example of 'bachi', or jinxing myself because now my stomach is starting to feel a little weird and I have a head ache.  I picked up some vanilla ice cream, just in case.  Yes, I'm a weenie when it comes to stomach sickness.  That's one thing in all my 47 years that I have just never gotten used to.  The way I see it, if I have to throw up, I may as well enjoy it dang it! 

Hmmmm, maybe I should have bought some coffee ice cream instead.

ps:  no blueberry pee, phew!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, gee, poor Rocky and now you.  I'm a warm gingerale kind of gal when I'm sick.  But the best thing is when you can just convince yourself you are not going to be sick.  Period.  Easier said than done.  

Feel better you two!

Anonymous said...

Poor Rocky (although she sounds like a trooper!).  Hope you stay well.  Ice cream huh?  Never thought about that.  I know rice and popcorn are a b*tch to throw up!  Did I just say that?
Traci

Anonymous said...

{{{ Rocky }}}  I hope it passes you by!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Poor babies. I do remember the days of the kids bringing home all the yuckies. Invariably I would catch it too...hope you both feel better soon...love, Sandi

Anonymous said...

I never heard of buying ice cream based on how it tastes coming back UP! LMAO!!! You are too funny!
Hope you both feel good soon.
Pam

Anonymous said...

she sounds like my cousin...lol
He could burp longer than anyone I know.

Anonymous said...

She would have been the school's hero had she barfed on his shoes! LOL  Hope everyone feels better soon.
Missie

Anonymous said...

hope you don't actually get it, and rocky is better today.
gina

Anonymous said...

Its always better going down than coming up!!  I only go that way as a last resort...I mean LAST resort.  'course sometimes you just can't help it...it just works on its own!
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

That is the best thing I heard all day.....good job Rocky!!!

Michele

Anonymous said...

my kids love Rocky and want to know if she can come to NY????
Becky

Anonymous said...

i have some enemies i would love to barf on.........can i borrow Rocky???  i hope she is much better by the time you get this comment.  by the way, you DO know that ice cream is the worst thing you can give someone with an upset tummy, don't you??!!  nothing worse than sour cream/milk coming back up.....ewwww.

i have missed your journal.......good to be back reading you again.

blessings,

regina

Anonymous said...

i have some enemies i would love to barf on.........can i borrow Rocky???  i hope she is much better by the time you get this comment.  by the way, you DO know that ice cream is the worst thing you can give someone with an upset tummy, don't you??!!  nothing worse than sour cream/milk coming back up.....ewwww.

i have missed your journal.......good to be back reading you again.

blessings,

regina