Monday, December 13, 2004

BRONCOS SNAP OUT OF IT, and the lucky rabbit's foot

Phew!  Finally... a win!  We can still make it, we can still do it!  Got my fingers crossed, got my toes crossed, heck I've even got my eyes crossed!  Got all kinds of goodluck charms, even got a lucky rabbit's foot.  Hmmmm, I always wondered about those lucky rabbit's feet... sure wasn't too lucky for the rabbit if you think about it!

Rocky came home with a lucky rabbits foot last week, and while examining it she screamed... 'there's a bone!  Its got a bone in it!'  I looked at it and sure enough, there was a little piece of bone sticking out.  "Well baby doll, it is after all a rabbit's foot, and feet do have bones in them."  I told her.  She suddenly got this horrified look on her face as it dawned on her for the first time what a lucky rabbit's foot was... "But what about the rabbit?"  I couldn't help it..."Thats okay, he has 3 more!..... Oh come on Rocky, where did you think rabbits feet came from?  Did you think they were born that way, just the feet?"  Poor kid... she hasn't touched the good luck charm since then.  Quite honestly I don't blame her, what a ghastly little trinket!  Never did like them!  They freak my dust bunnies out but it helps to keep them in line.

Ran out of coffee filters this morning.  Actually I ran out of them yesterday, but nobody bothered to tell me so this morning when I tried to make a pot of coffee.... nada!  Okay, I had a case of 1000 filters when we bought the Bunn-Omatic 2 years ago... thats only 730 days ago!  Where are the other 270 filters?  Surely I didn't make 2 pots that many days?  That case should have lasted 3 years!  Gracious, I think I really might have a caffeine problem here!  Oh well, thank goodness for generic paper towels... they make excellent emergency coffee filters!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

~BLEH~ BRONCOS . POOR ROCKY . AND MOM IF YOUR DUST BUNNIES ARE STAYING IN LINE THEN WHY ARE THEY'RE LITTLE TRACK ON MY DESSER ?

Anonymous said...

Oh you are funny!  I never liked the rabbits foot thing either, I always thought about that stupid movie "The Monkey's Paw" as a kid it scared the crap out of me. It's nice to know that we both fall back on the generic "paper towel"....toodles...Sandi  http://journals.aol.com/sdoscher458/LifeIsFullOfSurprises