Tuesday, December 19, 2006

HIBERNATION, the twins and 23 year old jeans

Did you know that while bears hibernate, they burn on the average 100 pounds?  They eat a bunch of food, sleep for a few months, and wake up 100 pounds lighter, how cool is that?  I could do that... I could scarf up a lot of food, take a three month nap and wake up skinny.  I want to be the bear!

I went to the store last night with Dickidoo.  I had just gotten out of the shower, my hair was still wet, and I was not constricted by the confines of my Cross Your Heart Over The Shoulder Boulder Holders.

Ladies... don't do this at home.  Don't go outside just after a shower... in the dead of winter... when its below freezing... with no foundation garment on under your shirt.  Almost immediately upon leaving the warmth of the truck, the Twins shriveled to half their normal size and became so perky that I thought for sure they would break off!  I can almost guarantee that the 'Ban the Bra' movement did not begin in the State of Colorado in the dead of winter!

It's supposed to snow tomorrow.  Tomorrow might be a good day to begin my hibernation.  I'll just set the Bunn-Omatic Brew-Omatic up next to the bed and I should be good for the rest of the winter.  I've got two days off in a row, I wonder how many pounds I can burn while sleeping for 48 hours?  I sure wouldn't mind going to bed and waking up 40 pounds lighter.  Oh, the fun I could have in my jeans from yester-year!  Yes, I still have my Levi 501's from when I got married.  I've always hoped to one day be able to squeeze back into them and keep the button fly buttoned when I sit down.  Heck, at this point I'd be happy just to be able to get them up and over my tush, we'll work on getting the buttons fastened later!

But if I were a bear, I'd be in them by February!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too! me too!  I want to be the bear!
Traci

Anonymous said...

ok now i want to be a bear too:) my daughter wanted to be a cat asked why she said cause alls they do is eat poop and sleep lol have a good 2 days off and watch out the storm is suppose to be bad

Deb

Anonymous said...

I bet the twins would rather you hibernate...lol

Anonymous said...

roflol.  you are too funny!
gina

Anonymous said...

lol, you are so funny, I too want to be a bear...
Missy  

Anonymous said...

NIce warm cave, sleep, sleep sounds good to me. Maybe they should research the bears metabolism and give to us who have none...SAndi

Anonymous said...

Bear mommas have totally got it going on, compared to us human mommas.  dang.  

be well,
Dawn

ps... enjoy the time off!

Anonymous said...

I made the mistake of leaving the house with wet hair this weekend..  Eeek..  I got a really bad sinus headache because of it.  You are not alone; I wish I was a bear as well--monts of uninterupted sleep sounds like heaven to me.  Julie

Anonymous said...

hahaha. Forgive me. Well I suppose a bear hibernation would be interesting.....you couldn't sleep that long without eating food!!!!!!!!!!! (more)

Anonymous said...

Yup, A bears life would be great! Have you seen the email that went around ages ago about bears? I'll dig it out and send it. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/

Anonymous said...

 I want to be a bear.  I want to lose a bunch of weight just sleeping instead of trying to kill myself at the gym.  Nice fur coat, warm cave, sleep, just what the doctor ordered.

                     Julie

Anonymous said...

Oh that would be GREAT...I have today off and last night I thought "I am gonna sleep till noon....Yeah right up at 7:04..Laid back down....up at 8:30...No, I didn't lay back down..gotta get ready to have a house full of 14 year old boys later...OH MY, now I wish I really was a bear.
Michele
http://journals.aol.com/glensfork4/these-are-my-thoughts/