Friday, July 13, 2007

I STINK SOOOOOOO GOOD!

I found a tin of smoked oysters on the bar.  There used to be two tins but Dickidoo ate the other one.  This one had been sitting there amongst the Speed Racer and Beetle Bailey memorabilia for over a week so I could only conclude that the second can was intended for me.  A shot of soy sauce, a couple of shakes of Tabasco sauce later and I was in Heaven!

Until a 'can't chew bubble gum and walk at the same time' moment struck me.

I dripped a little bit of the flavorful juices on my left hand and raised my hand to lick it off... that would be the hand holding the can.  Unfortunately the motion was incompatible with the angle in which I was holding the can of oysters and I was immediately saturated with the luscious liquids.  It covered my tee shirt, my jeans and my hair.

Did you know that oysters are an aphrodisiac?  Apparently it only works for the one actually consuming the oysters.  When Dickidoo came home he was not over come with lust by the fragrance I was sporting.

No, he just wanted to know who had raided his stash of smoked oysters.

Oh well, I think I smell sexy.

Did I mention that I have awesome neighbors?  Becca babysits for a young couple two houses down.  I guess she mentioned that she had to use some of her babysitting money to buy me some creamer (again).  When she came home yesterday from watching her two little charges, she had a paper shopping bag full of coffee packets and creamer.  And not just any old coffee and creamer... HAZELNUT coffee and HAZELNUT creamer!  I love my neighbors!  Thank you Jaimie!  You are the Hazelnut Bomb!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

good neighbors are hard to come by - you are a lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

I thought you were gonna say you cut yourself

Anonymous said...

Dorn, you still give me a good laugh. I can just picture you with the tin of oysters. Bill

Anonymous said...

Give you some oysters and hazelnut creamer and you're in heaven...
xoxo ~myra

Anonymous said...

Awww... how nice!!!  Anyone who gifts coffee and creamer is ok in my book!  

Oysters?  Ewww... lol

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

oysters with french bread and cream cheese and a bottle of alcohol good to go:) enjoy your weekend

Deb

Anonymous said...

Oysters and hazelnut!  Oh the smells I'd be smellin'!
Traci

Anonymous said...

 I could never get into oysters, the texture I guess but glad you enjoyed them, LOL.  Wear them well.

             Julie

Anonymous said...

Oysters... to die for!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I can't even look at oysters! YUK!!  Have a good weekend.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Used to love oysters ... not so much now.  LOL

Anonymous said...

I thought maybe you were gonig to cut your tongue when I was reading it lol lol
Donn aIn TEXAS

Anonymous said...

i have done that with a glass of tea before.  went to look at my watch while holding the glass.........cold splash.........

by the way, i was working a second job the other day and they made some coffee, so i opted for a cup.  they had no milk or cream, but a whole case of the pumpkin spice coffee mate that you "love" so much, lol.  i tried it, and fell in love.  i made my coffee iced coffee with pumpkin spice creamer.  mmmmmmmmm, so good.  so they gave me the case of creamer, lol.  they all hate it.

regina