Wednesday, July 25, 2007

LAZY HAZY CRAZY DAY OF SUMMER.....

I spent the early afternoon in the swimming pool, floating lazily on a one-handled foam snow sled (hey, this is Colorado, we don't have boogie boards here).  A couple of squirrels stopped in a nearby tree and stared at me for close to half an hour, no doubt trying to figure out what was floating in the water.  They eventually got bored and resumed their game of tag, clucking loudly.

My house lies right below a major commercial flight path.   We also see a lot of traffic from Peterson AFB.  Today a convoy of C-130 transport planes (don't be too impressed, I'm just guessing...) flew low overhead en route to the nearby base, as well as several F-somethings (they looked like Top Gun fighter jets).  I wondered if they could see me from that height so just in case, each time one of the jets flew over I would suck in my gut and puff out my bosom

Several times while I was floating with my ears submerged in the water I heard some strange loud noises and I would look up thinking someone had joined me in the yard only to see that with the exception of the squirrels I was quite alone.  It would take about 4 more interruptions over the next hour before I realized that the noise I was hearing under the water was my stomach growling.  (I know most of you were probably thinking that I was hearing submerged flatulation... weren't you!  ) 

Anyhow, hat was my cue to get out of the pool and get some lunch.  A quick shower revealed the start of a pretty darn nice tan.  Yeah!  I love the summertime!

Ohhhhhhhh, listen, another plane is flying overhead.  I can almost hear the disappointment as the occupants in the transport realize that the curvaceous mountain mermaid whom the other pilots had been talking about all afternoon is no longer floating gracefully in the crystal clear pool not far from base.  I must remember to make a gracious appearance tomorrow afternoon, to show my appreciation for the brave airmen who defend our country.  Its the least I can do for them. 

(Goodness knows they could probably all use a good laugh!)

* Do water beetles fly?  There is a water beetle in the pool, swimming up and down quite happily.  It either flew here or it got eaten alive by some bird, survived digestion and escaped when the bird crapped in my pool.  Bugs are amazing.  Icky but amazing!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet those airmen will be by again tommorrow to check out the goods..don't get em too excited there Jody, they may just stop over as they know the location and they do have a job to do....

I was tan when I went to Vegas, but it is loooonnnnnggggg gone. Need to get outside...

See ya....Michele

Anonymous said...

they'll be back tomorrow to take pictures!  :-)  Now I can say I know the new pin up girl of the USAF!

Anonymous said...

That must be the picture I saw posted on MySpace, LOL - You are tan! I'm sure the last pilot was quite disappointed, now he has no idea where to land without the bathing beauty to guide him! Hope you enjoyed your today! Take care - I love your reads!
Katie
http://journals.aol.com/ktkamanski/HappyBeingMe/

Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely. I love the idea of just floating watching the clouds. Funny about the way sound sounds under water...lol...feed yourself girl.  Love, Sandi

Anonymous said...

ok I want pictures of you in the pool lol lol
Donna In TEXAS
sweepingthecobwebsofmymind

Anonymous said...

  Sounds simply inviting and I'm sure the pilots do appreciate their mountain mermaid. I plan on playing mermaid for the most part of tomorrow too. If I tried to suck in my gut and stick out my bosom I'd probalby look the same, lol.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Go back mermaid... enjoy the relaxing dip... do it for the service men!!!!

lol

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Actually, I though the noise was vapor expulsion...of the emergency variety!!  
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

lol mountain mermaid eat before you get into the pool today:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a relaxing day. Water beetles do fly. I'm sticking to that otherwise thinking of you floating in a pool some bird shit in is.......ewwwww! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

we also live in the pathway of a Stewart Air base...and I  think I would blind the pilots with my whiteness!
Becky

Anonymous said...

i just have to say it.........DORN, I LOVE YOU...........in the journal friend sort of way..........you keep me laughing and upbeat..........keep it coming gf.

regina

Anonymous said...

LOL, mountain mermaid.   Yes, water beetles do fly (actually caught one in the act trying to come back in the pool after we evicted it, lol).  And they also bite, as my 6 yr old daughter found out.  Apparently she closed her hand over it too tightly & it gave her quite a bite.  She screamed and had a red mark in the palm of her hand...  

LOL, watch out for those killer water beetles, not as innocent as they look.  : )