Tuesday, October 28, 2008

OUT GROWING STUPID

Does one ever really out grow 'stupid'? I suspect not. You don't put dish detergent in a dishwasher or washing machine (done both), sugar does not counter-act salt (tried it), table salt is a lousy windshield de-icer (don't ask, just take my word for it), and body soap should not be used as hair soap. Especially 'Yougert Vanilla Honey' body wash. I was desperate since once again someone had grabbed my bottle of shampoo from my shower, leaving me just a bar of soap and a container of extra moisturizing body wash. Already having experienced the scummy residue bar soap leaves on hair I opted for the body wash. I waited until the last minute to brush out my hair after showering. By that time it was too late. I had to go to work with hair that looked like it had been bathed in yogurt, vanilla and honey. I was just waiting for someone to come up to me and ask 'Hey, is that yogurt, vanilla and honey in your hair?' Grrrrrr! Remind me to find out who snatched my real shampoo and stick some 'Yougert Vanilla Honey' body wash into their bottle of shampoo.

Last night I heard a familiar squeak. I guess Zack's little trophy wasn't ABC Alphabet Soup after all. I was tempted to wake Becca and give her the good news but decided to wait until morning. Unfortunately Dickidoo had invested a small fortune in mouse traps of various types and models. Even more unfortunate still... ABC Alphabet Soup ended up on the up side of a glue trap. We were awakened by Rocky's frantic announcement that Becca had been bitten by a mouse. She had been trying to free the little critter who was stuck fast and squeaking so sadly.

Don't ever buy those glue traps. They are horrible! I think being stomped to death by Zack's size 10 boot is more humane than those sticky death traps. I had to bag the poor thing up and throw it into our outside freezer to put it out of it's misery.

Dickidoo goes to the doctor this morning to get his back checked. He's always screwing it up right around this time of year each year. If he were a horse we'd have shot him a long time ago. I suspect the subject of surgery will be coming up soon. He's put it off for several years but I can't imagine going through that kind of pain on a daily basis. I think we both have a problem with the odds though... it's one of those deals where he has a 50% chance of getting better and 50% chance of getting worse. There is no in between, not even a 'no difference', it's either better or worse.

I'm thinking he's more worried about the possibility of not being able to hunt than anything else. This much I know for sure though... it something happens and he cannot get around on his own two feet, he will have a four wheeling', off-roading, tricked out and camouflaged wheel chair with a gun rack and a toilet paper holder before opening day of the next hunting season! There's no keeping that guy home during deer season!

Which reminds me... my elk season begins this Saturday. I'm not taking any extra time off so it will just be for a total of two and a half days, but that's already more time than I had out in the woods last year. A huntin' we will go.... woo hoo!

Not enough time for a tricked out wheelchair. Dickidoo will have to settle for a walker covered with camo tape.

10 comments:

garnett109 said...

Last night I put a soft pretzle in the mic for 4 minutes the house filled up with smoke, it was supposed to be for 30 seconds , the 4 minutes was for the oven!

Dawn said...

Dead mousies, bad backs, no shampoo, sounds like my house!!!! Usually I am stuck with no toilet paper... did that happen to you recently?? LOL

be well...

Unknown said...

I accidentally washed my hair with baby oil once by accident, it was next to shampoo...I was greasy for a week! I cringe about that poor little mouse. Hope you have lots of luck hunting.

Sage Ravenwood said...

Well it wasn't as bad, but I accidently used the fleas shampoo for Pickles. I had given her a bath earlier and forgot to put the shampoo away. Funny thing is I couldn't figure out why I smelled like wet dog all day...(Hugs)Indigo

Traci said...

Oh me. The mousie on the glue trap...

Anonymous said...

Doprn, good to see you posting on a more regular basis. I need you for the laughs. Good luck with the elk hunt I haop you get an 11 point one or whatever.
Got one of your list.
Never brush your teeth in the dark the tooth paste tube and the Preperation H tubes both feel alike. Ugh,
Bill

Gigi said...

You are to funny,

I feel ya though.
Those few days in the woods will make it all better...


Take Care :-)

zipbagofbones said...

The sticky traps ARE terrible! Oh the guilt! Why didn't I just snap it's little back?

I Have Tea said...

omigod, i hate those glue traps. used them once and it was just too much.

Anonymous said...

JO JO JO..... I am going to pretend that I didn't read the part about stomping the mouse and freezing it to death. *silently screams MUDERERS* :(

LOL.. but in other words seems like you still got the same crazy life as you did before back on AOL Journals :)

~ Christopher ~

http://cmarlow480.blogspot.com/