Wednesday, August 17, 2005

BACK TO SCHOOL!

You can't see it but I'm doing the Happy Dance over here.  By 8:00 the last of the school-aged Oompa Loompas had left for school.  (Was it my imagination or did all the teachers on the playground look a little depressed?)  Now its just me and Zack, and I am soooo happy!  I got the Frankenputer back online, although my broadband modem is still fried.  I never thought I'd be happy to hear the screeching sound of a dial-up modem, but it sure was nice to get it back up and running.  My poor little 'Dhell' is still sitting on the other desk, all its wires disconnected, waiting for the para-technics to take it to the operating room.  I hope its not a long procedure, and I hope that it doesn't involve a transplant.  I have literally  1000's of picture files on the hard-drive, I will probably cry if they are lost.

I got absolutely no sleep last night.  I remember glancing at the clock once at 2:45 and then again at 3:30.  It didn't help that Dickidoo was snoring happily beside me.  He wasn't even loud so I can't blame my insomnia on him.  I just hate when he can sleep and I can't.  It makes me just want to kick him awake.  But I was good, I let him sleep, because I can take a nap now that the kids are in school!

Today is my oldest boy Gabe's 21st birthday.  We are still waiting to hear if he will be able to visit us before he leaves for the Gulf next month.  If he can't then I will probably go on a road trip out his way.  I don't even know when he is leaving... I don't want to know... but I can feel the seconds slipping through my fingers at an alarming rate.  I keep thinking that if I don't think about it then it will slow down and maybe even go away, but that hasn't happened yet.

Happy Birthday Gabe, wish I could be there to celebrate with you today.  Hopefully we'll get to have that drink when you get here in a couple of weeks.... See you soon... Suger Booger! 

For now, I will lounge on the sofa in front of the TV with the remote, a stack of dvd's, a bottomless cup of coffee, some peanut butter cookies (thank you Rocky) and Belgian chocolate!  Ahhhh, the life of a stay-at-home-mom!  It doesn't get much better than this!  (well, having my broadband and computer back would be nice).

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting the Oompa Loompas back to school lol

Deb

Anonymous said...

enjoy!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's a great idea that you go and visit him - it will keep the seconds and moments you spend with him eternal in your memory, as opposed to slipping through your fingers.
Peace and love,
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage

Anonymous said...

Oops I can see you doing the happy dance! Enjoy the peace...yell out to Gabe Happy Birthday...21 is special.  Enjoy your first day...Sandi

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your day of peace and quite. It will probably be like a tornado came through your house when they get home from school.Happy Birthday Gabe.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

To funny......my son doesn't start school till the 29th of August.so we are heading to Washington his last week of vacation...I am not as nice as you are when it comes to the snoring....LOL   when my hunny starts a snorin' and I am still awake...which when I am not asleep before he snores I am awake for hours........I end up pushing him over.or even yet plug his nose and tell him he keps me awake...I am a stay-at-home-mom myself, and yes it is so nice.....but it is also so quiet at times.and I wish they were here..........ENJOY your time.and Happy B-day to Gabe.I turn the big "40" on the 31st of this month....can't wait  I hear life gets better ....
ENJOY

Anonymous said...

I'm so looking forward to getting my kiddos off to school next week.  It's the time of summer now when all they do is argue with each other and get on my nerves.  I love them to death, but sometimes it just drives me crazy.  As for the computer, I know the feeling.  We have a Frankencomuputer (<g>) too and it's on it's last leg.  

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOOOOOOO! -doing happy dance with you-  YAY!  Woot! Woot!  I hope you have a great day!  And a VERY special Happy  Birthday to Gabe! I really hope you can see him before he goes!
Hugs,
xoxo
Heather

Anonymous said...

does your hubby know that you call him Dickydoo? My hubby's belly sticks out more than his dicky do, too! But if I ever called him that on a public journal he'd tell me where I couldn't live anymore...
Glad you had such a relaxing day, but I wish you could have had a neighbor take a pic of that dance routine!
Maryanne

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish Gabe a Happy 21st.... and you a Happy new School Year <g>
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

I see you doing the happy dance!

Anonymous said...

I too did the happy dance so much so I almost threw my back out, lol then I realized wait stop dancing you still have to go back to the house where there are two there waiting on you, lol. Oh well one day! Brandy