Monday, November 20, 2006

BRONCOS and fairies

I am depressed.  The Broncos lost to the Chargers last night.  But that's not why I'm depressed.  I'm depressed because while the Broncos will be playing the Kansas City Chiefs on Thanksgiving, I will not be watching the game.  Why?  Because the game will be broadcast on the NFL Network, which is not included in Basic Cable.  No, that comes with the 'bronze package', which runs another $14 a month.  I think the NFL and the cable company are playing dirty ball just to get more money from the fans, not COOL!

That's okay though, I will give up my hero Champ Bailey for the equally bald and very funny Howie Mandel in a 2 hour special of 'Deal Or No Deal'.  Who knows, this may be the start of a brand new Thanksgiving tradition!

Got a call from Gabe last night.  It doesn't look like he'll be able to make it out here for New Years after all.  He also mentioned that he may be going back out a little bit sooner than we thought.  I hate to admit it, but I'll be so glad when his enlistment is up.  I'd love nothing better than for him to be working back at the boobie bar... maybe even with his little boy living near by too.  (hint hint Kayle!)

The girls have been making little flower petal fairies to give as gifts.  There are fairies every where.  Its like a little fairy infestation.  Too bad neither of them thought to make a 'dirty dish' fairy, or a 'laundry' fairy.  Sure could use a couple of those around this place.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on Chiefs! LOL...just kidding!

When does Gabe get out?

Anonymous said...

Check your local listings...I believe the NFL has some sort of rule that when those games are shown on other stations, they MUST be shown on local tv for the local areas.....I know everytime the Steelers end up on ESPN they end up broadcasting them on one of the local stations here also.   Keep your fingers crossed!  

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous said...

I think it's stupid the way the cable company is.  Here they TRIED to make a "twins" channel just for all the Twins baseball games.  You had to pay extra I think it was $27 a month.  NO way!  It ended up being a no deal thing.
As for deal or no deal... (no cable here means no TV) but ever now and then I do get that channel.  I love Howie!  

Enjoy thanksgiving,
Luv,
Promise

Anonymous said...

Oh Jody, I know how you feel..when this past baseball season was on I couldn't always watch the White Sox (GO SOX) because of MLB TV! I did however cherish the games I could watch till the end! Sorry to hear about Gabe (((hug))). I can't imagine, but I thank you daily for having a son (husband, family) that have given me my freedom over here and pray for God to keep them safe.
Love from Hardscratch KY!
Michele

Anonymous said...

P.S. Love the fairies, they are cute!! When you find an extra "working" one, please forward on to me. LOL
Michele

Anonymous said...

you mean gabe has to go back? oh i hope not:) i haven't heard if the game will be televised locally i hope so. Have a safe a fun Thanksgiving or Harvest Festival:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

So BOO on your  cable company! Sheesh!  Me, personally, I'm depressed too--My Colts ended their perfect season yesterday :[ boo.

Sorry about Gabe--I know you must be disappointed!

I hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!
Hugs,
xo
H

Anonymous said...

Cant comment on American football ,but the fairys are delightful ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

The fairies are beautiful!  I am so sorry about Gabe... does that mean you won't get to see your grandson either?  {{{ Jody }}}

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing about the NFL channel.  Rip off!  The faeries are lovely.  When they make the dish and laundry ones make doubles and send me some!
Traci

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE FAIRY.........TOO BAD WE DON'T LIVE CLOSER TO EACH OTHER, I COULD USE A FAIRY INFESTATION..........I WORK AT A CRAFT STORE AND RETRIEVE FLOWER HEADS OFF THE FLOOR WHEN THEY SWEEP AT NIGHT, SO IF WE WERE CLOSER I COULD GIVE THE PETALS TO THE KIDS AND LET THEM MAKE MORE AND MORE FAIRIES......................

REGINA