Saturday, March 12, 2005

PMS & POVERTY

I took Rocky and Art with me in my attempt to catch the elusive kingfisher at the Pelican Pond.  As expected he was a no-show and after listening to Rocky's painful rendition of a dying duck using one of her duck calls, we decided to go in search of another photo opportunity.  One the drive out to the base where I knew a wonderful sunset shot awaited us, Rocky decided to share what she had learned during her recent sex education class.

Rocky:  My teacher says girls get PMS and boys get Poverty.

Me (trying not to laugh):  I think you mean Puberty.  Boys usually don't get poverty until they grow up and get married.

Rocky:  Whats Poverty?

Me:  Thats poorness.

Art:  Girls go through puberty too.

Rocky:  Huh uh!  Girls have PMS.

Art:  Yes they do.  Puberty is when your hormones change, your body changes and you start growing hair all over your body.  Hair on your chest, hair on your armpits.  I even have hair on my butt!  But I don't have hair where I want it... on my lips.  I think I will transplant the hair from my butt to my lip because I don't need hair on my butt.

I'm sure he meant facial hair, like his older brothers have... but I left that one alone!  Ewwww!

Kit Carson Statue, Fort Carson, Colorado

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about you but I think I have hit poverty, myself!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Great picture.
Kids are funny. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

you have funny kids!   thanks for the peek at my stepson's home-away-from home...how i wish he was still there.  :(   waiting to hear from him for a week now, from Iraq.   ~Phinney

Anonymous said...

ROFLMO

Anonymous said...

VERY INTERESTING & CREATIVE,  NICE PAGE~


http://journals.aol.com/cste609371/writingsshortstoriesbyStewart