Sunday, March 6, 2005

YET ANOTHER SURVEY (I love these things)

1. First name: Jody

2. Were you named after anyone:  I was named after my sister's friend, who just so happened to get hit by a truck.  He didn't die or anything like that... but as a child I really resented that I was named after a boy.  Actually after 3 girls my mom was really hoping that I would be a boy.

3. Do you wish on stars: Yes, but just for fun.  I've learned that if I want anything I have to go out and get it myself... or at least hint really hard infront of Dickidoo.

4. When did you last cry: I'm a cry baby... I cry at movies, I cry during the news... I cry at good-byes.  I cried last night when I read a newspaper article about my oldest sister and her first meeting with her biological father.

5. Do you like your handwriting: I do not have a consistent style of writing, it kind of changes with my mood, but yeah, I love my handwriting, its one of the few things I've retained from all my years of schooling.

6. What is your favorite lunch meat: Deli sliced pepperoni!  When I was a kid I loved balogne with mustard and pickles.

7. What is your birth date:  September 13

8. What is your most embarrassing CD: No such thing!  I still enjoy all of my old favorites.

9. What nationality are you? Okinawan on my mother's side, Irish, Pennsyvania Dutch and a bunch of other stuff on my dad's side.

10. Are you a daredevil:  Yes, some what.  My kids tend to challenge me into doing things that I never would have when I was younger.

11. Have you ever told a secret you swore not to tell: Maybe as a child... but I can't remember.  As an adult... never.

12. Do looks matter?  Nope, but it doesn't hurt!

13. How do you release anger: I have to make a lot of noise when I'm angry.  Once I've vented I'm fine.  I'm very forgiving.

14. Where is your second home: My work place!

15. Do you trust others too easily: Yes, my husband says I'm a terrible judge of character, but I trust everyone until they give me a reason to distrust them.

16. What was your favorite toy as a child:  My toys never lasted a week past Christmas.  My favorite things to play with was probably cardboard boxes, toilet paper rolls and empty spools.  I'd play for hours with them.  My favorite doll was a GI Joe doll that I kidnapped from my brother.

17. What class in high school do you think was totally useless: Algebra!  I couldn't understand what 'abc' and 'xyz' had to do with math.

18. Do you have a journal: No, I don't have 'a' journal, I have 'many' journals.

19. Do you use sarcasm a lot:  I have a very sarcastic personality.  It wasn't appreciated when I was a teenager, but most people who pick up onit think I'm funny... so long as the sarcasm isn't directed at them.

20. Favorite movie(s):  Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

21. Would you bungee jump: NEVER!

22. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off:  Yes, my mom was real strict about that.  I make my kids untie their shoes too.

23. Do you think that you are strong: I am physically strong although my wrists are weakening from arthritis.  Mentally I have learned strength from my mother and then from my own experiences as a career military wife.

24. What is your favorite ice cream flavor:  Vanilla

25. Shoe size:  7 1/2 - 8 (depending on the shoe)

26. What are you favorite colors: White, black and turquoise.

27. Whatis your least favorite thing about yourself:   I hate that I procrastinate so much.  I have no will power.

28. Who do you miss most: I try not to waste time missing people.  I miss my son but I'm glad he is making his own life happen.

29. Do you want everyone you send this to send it back: N/A

30. What color pants are you wearing: Olive green (I can't wear my favorite blue jeans to work)

31. What are you listening to right now:  I'm listening to my sons' talking.  Its nice because when they were younger all they did was fight.  Now they are good friends.

32. Last thing you ate: I just had a cookies and cream ice cream sandwich, a bribe from my daughter who wants to get on the computer.

33. If you were a crayon, what color would you be: I would be a white crayon because it can high-light shadows and soften harsh dark colors.

34. What is the weather like right now: Its almost a crime to be indoors right now, its hard to believe it snowed last week.

35. Last person you talked to on the phone: I spoke to my oldest son in Kentucky.  We let him take a cell phone with him so he could keep in touch.

36. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex: I notice the eyes first.  You can tell a lot about a person just by their eyes, are there laugh lines or frown lines?  Do they look you in the eye or kind of wander?  Do they look preoccupied, angry, spaced out, relaxed, suspicious... etc.

37. Do you like the person who sent this to you:  N/A

38. How are you today: I'm fantabulous!  3 more weeks of work and then... Take this job and shove it!

39. Favorite Drink:  Non-alcoholic: Water (seriously!)

Alcoholic: Bacardi Dark and coke

40. Favorite sport: Hmmm, I'm more of a sports fan than a sports participant, I love to watch football most of all.

41. Hair Color: Dark brown with white highlights (natural, of course!)

42. Eye Color: Dark brown

43: Do you wear contacts:  Yes, when I can remember to renew my prescription.

44. Favorite Foods: Steak and potatoes!  And Sushi!

45. Last Movie You Watched: DVD:  Walking Tall  Theater:  A Series of Unfortunate Events (hey, it was a Kids Day Out)

46. Favorite Day of the Year:  Christmas!  I especially love it now that I can celebrate with my children.  I love traditions.

47. Scary Movies or Happy Endings: I love scary movies, but there haven't been any good ones lately. 

48. Summer or winter:  Winter is my favorite, but I love all of the seasons!

49. Hugs or kisses:  Hugs from friends, kisses from loved ones.

50. What is Your Favorite Dessert: Tirimisu

51. Who is Most Likely to Respond:  N/A

52. Who is Least Likely to Respond: N/A

53. Where Would You Want to Go on your Next Vacation:  Alaska! 

54. What Books are you Reading: No time for reading yet.

55. What's on your mouse pad: 'Dell'

56. What did you Watch Last Night: I didn't watch TV last night, but if I did it would have been Fox News, The O'Reilly Factor and Hannity and Combs.

Edited 3/09:  thanks Glopsy, I hadn't noticed that I had deleted #9

(I snagged this survey from Sugar, Spice, and Everything )Nice 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what exactly is Tirimisu?

http://journals.aol.com/chemelia2672/IfYouDontLikeItOhWell

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/angelztchr/GsJourney/

I am a lurker, and have been reading your journal for a while.  Decided to copy your survey, and use it in mine.  Thanks!  From a fellow Coloradan.  Gina

Anonymous said...

It's funny to note that it never even occured to me that you HAD a first name!  you were just Dorn...LOL...oy, what kind of friend am I?  How pitiful!.....  :)
~Amy
http://journals.aol.com/amy122389/SugarSpiceandEverythingNice/

Anonymous said...

33. Black or purple
34. Mostly cloudy, cold, a little windy
35. I don't remember, I think it was someone at Pizza Hut
36. I notice what I percieve to be some form of intelligence. I like the personality of the person rather than the looks, so I look to see if they exhibit any intelligence as well as good taste and manners.
37. Yes, I like you very much Dorn. =) You make me laugh, which I really need.
38. Very blue and depressed, although it hasn't been to bad of a day it's just one of those days (and the meds haven't taken hold yet).
39. Gatorade; I don't drink alcohol.
40. Karate for performance, and I like a lot of sports to watch (not football though, or golf or baseball or soccor... mostly olymic type stuff, or hunting)
41. Medium brown, with natural blonde highlights.
42. Green
43. no, don't need any eyewear.
44. spicy foods, or creamy sweet foods
45. Couch Carter... that was a really good movie. I'm taking mom to see the pacifier for her birthday this weekend.
46. For holidays, that's my favorite, otherwise I like warm breezy days, or days I can have to myself.
47. Scary, but not horror or gory movies
48. Right now, summer, because my mood needs that weather at the moment. Usually it's winter though.
49. Only like to be hugged by family, not much of a kisser unless it's a guy (which hasn't been for many years)
50. Cheesecake!
53. Virginia, or somewhere in the open country.
54. "The Blind Man of Seville" by Robert Wilson
55. Um... a mouse? Hehehehe... okay, seriously, a black and white photo of two kittens sleeping.
56. Nothing, I don't have a TV.

Like a said, I love these things. Blessings dorn!

Anonymous said...

16. Oh, can't pick one. Boxes, tubes, bottle caps (you can shoot people with them), paper air planes, sock tennis, all the fun stuff that never cost much, and the expensive stuff barely was used.
17. French. Gosh, I hated that class. And, dorn, Algebra is a wonderful thing, I'm a math major so I need those letters!
18. Yeah, I have a lot of online journals, no paper ones though.
19. Yeah, mostly at home or a little at work. I can pull it off with some professors, if it's in their personality.
20. I like too many movies, but the ones that come to mind are forest gump, space balls, wagons east, a muppet christmas carol, dumbo, and many, many more.
21. No!
22. Sometimes, I do it more often when I have new shoes, and when the shoes are almost to the point of having no soles to them I get lazy and just pull them off.
23. No, not at the moment. Physically, I'm stronger than many girls, but emotionally now isn't very good (I'm getting treatment though, so that'll change).
24. Why all the hard questions!!! Since I'm craving it at the moment, vanilla with chocolate syrup and a cherry on top.
25. Same as you dorn.
26. purple, green, black, blue
27. Same as you, and that I can't get myself to sit and finish something. I think I have ADD, so I have a lot of projects, but never finish them (I've written to the doc to get me tested for that, so I don't know yet if I have ADD or not).
28. Nobody, I've never been very close to people.
30. I'm wearing my purple pajama bottoms, with blue frogs with pink bellies on clouds, surrounded by stars, there's a few shooting stars and some crescent moons on it to. I have a matching top on for it.
31. The people down stairs going in and out of the place, otherwise the place is pretty quiet.
32. Zatarain's Jambalaya with turkey sausage, gatorade, and an antibacterial pill for my acne

http://journals.aol.com/glopsblink/ATreasureTroveofGoodies

Anonymous said...

Ooooo... I love these things:
1. Sara
2. My first name was named after the wife of Abraham, although my parents thought that her name was without the h in the Bible and hence why there's not h in my name. My middle name was after my grandmother, and I'm still made about that because I want my name to be what they originally wanted, which was Elizabeth, but they gave me the middle name Ellen instead.
3. No, but I like to look at them when I can (you can't see a lot of them in the city).
4. I'm an easy crier, but the last time was when my homework was overwhelming me.
5. Depends. Sometimes it's really nice and other times I can't read it.
6. Hard Salami from the deli
7. June 4
8. None, since all of it is classical, opera, christmas, ect... I'm not into today's music, LoL!!!
10. (Dorn, did you notice you missed 9???) No, I'm not much of one. The most daring thing I've ever done is a roller coaster.
11. Same as you dorn, although as an adult if I tell anyone it's my parents.
12. No, although you can't tell my stupidity that.
13. Let it boil, then cry later (or then if it's too much, cry then). You know I'm overly angered when I'm quiet or go 'm-hmm' to everything. Most people have learned to back off when they get me like that. The angriest I ever got was being teased in school once, and when I left the room to cool off my hands were bleeding because I had dug my nails into my hands. I was thinking of throwing a chair at them, but I had more sense than that.
14. My head, hehehe......
15. No