Friday, September 30, 2005

FRIDAY! (and not a moment too soon!)

Dickidoo had to wake me up this morning.  Usually I wake with my internal alarm clock, but I guess I must have hit the snooze button because I was still snoring and drooling at 6am.  Waking me up is his little revenge, a payback.  Most work days he has to be up by 5am and I am all too happy to kick his butt out of bed while I languor on.  But he has every other Friday off.  On these days he likes to kick me out of bed, he rolls up in the blankets and sleeps on, kind of like me on the mornings when he has to work.  And do you think he stays in bed so that once the kids are off to school I can jump back under the covers and get some more sleep?  Ha!  Never!  He always gets out of bed just as the last child leaves the house and he'll ask: "So, what are you going to accomplish today?"   Grrrr!

I had to open a new bottle of hazelnut coffee creamer.  With the fog of sleep still clouding my vision, I carefully followed the directions that read 'Shake Well Before Opening'.  I fall for that every time.  There is no need to 'shake well before opening', the creamer doesn't separate unless you freeze it, which it specifically says NOT to do.  No, those folks put that little instruction there because they know that every morning some sleep-deprived, caffeine addicted zombie will pull the bottle out, read it, shake it and then open it.  And the pressure built up in the little vacumn of a bottle will shoot the creamer out and into the face of the unsuspecting coffee drinker.  They get me every time.  They were probably all standing around the clock thinking... 'Hey, its 6am in the Rockies.... that goof in Colorado probably just got an eye full of hazelnut.... AGAIN!  Hahahahaha!'  turds!

No nightmares last night, unless you count the dream about my face blowing up like a puffer fish, but I'm half way there anyway so I wasn't too freaked out by it.  I did have to stand in front of the mirror for a moment after I got up... just to make sure.  Other than that I had a good, much needed sleep, and the only wetness on my pillow was the puddle of drool next to my mouth.  Ick!  Time to wash the beddings!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

A puffer fish! Sounds like the red tide's got you, too! Do they even have red tide in the rockies? HMMMM.... I doubt it. The fish are all puffed up and dead around here. It's rather disgusting.
At least you can read when you get out of bed. I can't even do that, until I find my glasses, which I can never do until I have my coffee. Thus, the hubby always makes the coffee which suits me just fine.
Glad there were no nightmares last night, but good Lordy I was appalled when I read a news item on aol yesterday staing that service man have to pay for their own armour! Unbelievable!
Maryanne

Anonymous said...

LMAO @ the Hazelnut thing!  LOL!
Have a great weekend Dorn!
Hugs,
xoxo
Heather

Anonymous said...

You do have a way of making me laugh, Jody.  I so love your sense of humor.  I so needed that laugh today thanks.

Praying for Gabe.

Love and prayers,
Susan
http://journals.aol.com/rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle

Anonymous said...

Glad you didn't have any bad dreams... Men!  He should get up and get the kids ready so you can sleep in!!!  Seems fair to me!  Curse the creamer people!!!

LOL

Be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

LOL it is that way here at my house too:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh THank God someone else has the creamer issue!!! Maybe its the name???
Thanks for stopping by!!!!!!
Jodi(with an "I")

Anonymous said...

LOL too funny

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your journal for like forever.  It happens to be one of the first that I started to read on a regular basis and i just realized that your name is Jody.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got some much needed rest. Darn those creamer people.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

you always make me laugh. judi

Anonymous said...

I love coming here for a smile and a good chuckle!