Saturday, September 10, 2005

LOOKING GOOD!

 Dickidoo invited me to tag along with him and our friend when they went turkey hunting this morning and naturally I jumped at the opportunity to take my camera out.  We went to the wildlife office to check out for the day and Dickidoo bumps into some guy he hasn't seen in over 5 years.  And they recognized each other!  Nobody I know who hadn't seen me in 5 years would be able to come up to me and actually recognize me after all that time, nor I them.  How do guys do it?  I know dogs recognize other dogs by sniffing each other's butt.  Is that how it works with guys?

So this guy looks at Dickidoo, who has put on a considerable amount of weight since they last saw each other, and he says 'You're looking good!'. 

Now wait a minute, Dickidoo gains weight and guys tell him he 'looks good'.  I've put on 5 pounds since I quit my job and when people see me they say 'Dang girl, you're getting fat!'. 

Obviously I don't 'look good' enough.  Not a problem,  I just scarfed down a cookies-n-cream ice cream sandwich and maybe later I'll scrounge up some milk and gingersnap cookies.   The things a woman must do to 'look good!'

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL you look great:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Ain't it the truth?  Ain't it the truth?  I gained 27 pounds over the three years we were in Colorado.  That is all I hear now that I am back home is how fat I have gotten.  Don't people have better things to talk about and didn't their Mama's raise them better?  Telling someone their fat, like they are stupid enough to not already know it, is downright rude.  I am sick of it.  I started telling the big mouths that with my weight gain my boobs have gained and hubby really likes that!!!!  It shuts 'em up REAL quick!!!!!!!! ;-)

http://journals.aol.com/rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle

Anonymous said...

You Cutie, You!

LOLL
\
andi

Anonymous said...

From the FAT AND FABULOUS girl in Colorado, I just ignore ignorance with silence.  Well, usually, and then sometimes I can't resist.  I have been asked OUTRIGHT and OUTLOUD "HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH?"  I reply with another question, "How much is in your bank account?"  When they say, "That's personal."  Then I get to TEACH them, "AND SO WAS YOUR LACK OF MANNERS QT."  I'm the biggest woman I think these people have ever seen out here.  I weigh over 200 now and wear a 22 TALL in pants, a 42c bra.  And I'm almost 6' tall.  I have a big round butt like a "SISTA". 'They'  take you into their confidence with a whispered tone, "I don't mean to offend you but have you ever 'tried to lose weight'?"  OMG.  Being fat isn't the worst thing you can be.  It's not like it's bad for THEM.  I can lose weight and be beautiful but they'll STILL be IGNORANT! AND UGLY lol

Anonymous said...

Yeah... and men with gray hair look distinguished... and I look old! Thank goodness for dye <LOL>

Anonymous said...

go figure..no wonder guys have such egos

Anonymous said...

hahaha i agree..guys get away with more then us, and thats not fair..but yeah bringg on the cookies!!

~jackie~
http://journals.aol.com/jackiebenice/blah/

Anonymous said...

What's up with that. Men are just strange.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

<shakin' head> Men!  Figures!  Men become defined with gray hair as so they say... we all know some do and some don't.  Us women, we are defined no matter what we look like and are versatile to meet any occassion.

Karrie

Anonymous said...

I will join you after I finish these mounds mini's by having some ice cream.

:-)

Come read my 9/11 memorial if you have a chance...

Be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/
Poetry:

Anonymous said...

Oh man Dorn...ya gotta try gingers and sharp cheddar...yummilicious. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

I happened upon your journal through a series of other journals, and girl, you crack me up!  You should be writing for one of the comedians.  BTW, what caught my eye to begin with was the name of your journal.

Judy

Anonymous said...

Just one icecream sandwich? I ate a whole pint of rocky road yesterday. I'm lookin' good. Paula