Saturday, February 12, 2005

WEEKEND ASSIGNMENT: the crush.

When I was a teenager I had certain favorite actors and singers, like John Denver, Alice Cooper, the guys from Emergency, and the Fonz... but my favorite, believe it or not, was John Wayne.  Yes he was older than me, but the roles that he played and the way that he played them just made me wish that there was some guy my age in Hawaii who was just like him, and if so I would have pledged my life to him in a heart beat.  I never got the pleasure of meeting the man in person, but I still enjoy his movies to this day.  My favorites.... True Grit and The Cowboys!  And yes, I had his picture taped to my bedroom wall in among my pictures of Alice Cooper, John Denver and my sisters Osmond posters.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the hots for Virginia Mayo.   Nowadays I have the hots for a chicken sandwich with MAYO.

Anonymous said...

well,,,howyd pardner...LOLa freind of mine collects John Wayne memorabilia....
Becky

Anonymous said...

I don't know what I like more ......reading your journal or the comments people leave in it ......both are worth the read ................Diane

Anonymous said...

LOL Alice cooper AND john Denver.. then you add John Wayne into the mix.  Guess you had all your bases covered :)
~ Promise

Anonymous said...

The girls and I just watched the ALamo with The Duke in it. Mandy mused, "You know, for an old guy, he sure is sexy."
  I STILL love John Denver!

Anonymous said...

my momma likes John Wayne too....me, I'm more a Cary Grant kind of girl ;-)

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl