Friday, June 10, 2005

DAY 2

Its been 25 hours and 4 minutes since I last saw my Nikon.  I have not taken a single picture in more than a day.  Instead I have filled my time with filling trash bags and rearranging rooms.  My daughter presented me with an adorable photo opportunity but I could not capture the moment.  I felt impotent, useless, less than whole.  And without my pocket Yahtzee visits to the throne are no longer enjoyable.  I'm in and out in less than a minute.  I find myself pondering the meaning of life.  I find myself pondering the meaning of ponder.  I wonder, does it matter?  Who cares anyhow?  Whats the use?

Dickidoo called when they stopped for the night.  They were in Mount Vernon, Illinois.  Becca assured me that all was well and she was getting some awesome pictures.  They've never been that far away from me and for so long.  I am counting the hours until their return.  In 3 days I shall have my camera and Yahtzee back in my hands where they belong.  Becca, Steve,  keep the potty breaks to a minimum, think about me, what about MY potty breaks huh?  They just aren't the same without my Yahtzee, bring it back ASAP!   I'll bet you didn't tuck the Nikon into its case before you went to sleep did you?  What about the battery?  Did you put in a fresh one and recharge the used one?  Did you download the memory card?  Probably not! 

72 hours, 58 minutes and 7 seconds....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww....I am soo sorry!!!!  remember to keep breathing because holding your breath will only make you pass out!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing the things that we find we cannot live without? Only a few years ago...they really didn't even exist, yet they have completely taken over our lives....like my computer, my microwave, my Mr. Coffee...and my digitial camera that I'm now trying to learn......hang in there they will be back soon...Sandi

Anonymous said...

Oh my!
It's obvious you LOVE you Nikon.
I love my Pentax. But maybe not that much.  lol
I can relate to thinking about "it's" welfare. But maybe not that much.  lol
I've read some of your more recent entries and this one is
JUST CUTE!
Have a great day:)
Niki

Anonymous said...

When you say "They've never been that far away from me", do you mean your kids or your Nikon and pocket yahtzee?

Hopefully they have some great pictures for you!

Ari

Anonymous said...

I can tell you aren't using my lousy camera.. lol..

Sheryl

Anonymous said...

"I am counting the hours until their return.  In 3 days I shall have my camera and Yahtzee back in my hands where they belong"

it wouldn't have been so bad if Becca and Dickidoo left the camera at home huh?  They could stay away and all would be okay as long as your baby nikon was home with momma! LOL ;-)    you'll be okay, just think of all the cleaning and organizing you'll do without the camera around to distract ya!

Anonymous said...

You are a generous soul.  I don't think I would allow any of my family members to take MY Nikon.  I have a couple of old digitals that work.  I think that would have to do.

Anonymous said...

breathe, you can do it....
marti