Thursday, October 6, 2005

DREAM MACHINE, dirt poor and no IM today.

As a kid I always wanted to have my very own gumball machine. Well, I finally got my bubblegum machine but I've found something better to put in it than bubble gum!  Yep, now I've got my very own Corona machine!  It doesn't get much better than this! 

I put in an application at my old store.  I have decided that Dickidoo cannot afford me.  We can no longer maintain the lifestyle to which I have become accustomed to... you know, the lifestyle of the poor and nameless.  Now we're even poorer and all of our creditors know our names!  Agh!  Okay, its not that bad, but it could be real quick if I don't do something soon.  Besides, I need some more toe socks and Dickidoo has me on a very strict anti-toe-sock budget.

I don't mind having to go back to work.  This stay-at-home-mom deal really isn't for me.  Oh, I don't deny the benefits to the kids as far as their schooling goes and I love all of the free 'me' time, but all those plans for getting the house in order... well, its been 6 months and I still have a huge pile in the laundry room.  The nasty old carpet still covers my beautiful hardwood floors, and the house is still a mess.  If I'm going to have a messy house, I may as well have a job as an excuse for it, and get paid to boot!

Gabe hasn't been online in over 36 hours.  I knew the time would come, but dang... I was hoping it wouldn't.    I left AOL on all day, and my buddy list is open to accept only his IM's.  I've watched the screen from across the room, and I have the volume on the speakers cranked up loud so I can hear him log on even if I'm not in the room, but its been quiet.  Only 11½ more months to go.   If he can do it, so can I, right?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want a gumball machine now.  :(  I know what you mean about being a stay at home mom.  It's just to easy to say that you can do it later.  I actually vaccuumed today though and was mad that nobody even noticed.  Such is life.  
Dianne

Anonymous said...

So they make those custom 'eh?  Wonder if I could get one with men in it?  Hmm... ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

Nice machine:) good luck on your job hunt


Deb

Anonymous said...

Love the Corona machine.  I am with you on the stay at home business.  Glad to know that I'm not the only one.  My excuse is a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old, but you know that is just a ploy.  I hate housework.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Where does the time go? I had all these projects I was going to accomplish in my off work time. After one week it was over. I'm bored silly, but still love having nothing to do but what I want to! I'll miss it. Good luck with getting your job.

Anonymous said...

Oh I found the same thing, all my grandiose plans came to naught. I probably would be better off working, but after all these years I'm tired of it. Hope that you hear from Gabe soon...love the despenser.  Sandi

Anonymous said...

-laughs- I love the corona machine!  I'm bummed that you didn't get an IM from Gabe, and you're right--If he can do it, so can you!
Hugs,
xoxo
Heather

Anonymous said...

ROFL at the Corona machine.  You are so witty, Jody.  So sorry you did not get the IM from Gabe, but don't give up.  I continue to pray for his safety and for you, as I know it has to be hard on you.

Blessings!~
Susan
http://journals.aol.com/rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle

Anonymous said...

Hang in there...he will be back on again...

{{ Jody }}  Love the Corona machine!

Be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

"If I'm going to have a messy house, I may as well have a job as an excuse for it, and get paid to boot!"

That's what I said when I went back to work, too!

Lori

Anonymous said...

hi there!
you know I've typed "organized home, sahm" on the AOL search box and your page came up?

(http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/search?invocationType=topsearchbox.webhome&query=organized+home+sahm)

I thought I'd let you know. When I saw your link (took me to an entry you wrote back in march 2005..about spring cleaning?) I said "hey..I've read this journal before.." :-)

"If I'm going to have a messy house, I may as well have a job as an excuse for it, and get paid to boot!..."

um..thanks for the idea! LOL!
I enjoyed this entry.
Take care,
Gem :-)

http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/JournallyYours