Monday, October 3, 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECCA

Goodness, has it really been 14 years?  Where has the time gone?  I still remember when I first found out about you, how I cried because I didn't know what the future would hold for you.  Your father was in Kuwait.  I was barely holding together with 3 children, how would I handle a fourth?  But the flutter of movement, the whisper of a heartbeat and it didn't matter.  My fears were dissolved. 

A daughter, a beautiful dainty daughter.  You were my butterfly of hope in a crazy time.  One could not help but smile when they laid eyes on you.  Later, when doctors scratched their heads as they tried to explain to me why I was losing my daughter, I saw your determination and you proved them wrong.  To this day they cannot say what went wrong and then what went right.  Once again, it didn't matter.  You are here.

And you are 14, a beautiful young woman.  With determination in your eyes.  I know you will achieve anything you set your heart to.  It is all you know how to do.

Happy birthday Rebecca.

Loving you always,

Mom

19 comments:

rjet33 said...

Happy Birthday to your lovely, Rebecca.  She is beautiful.

Blessings!~
Susan
http://journals.aol.com/rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle

redpoppy007 said...

She is lovely.  She has a kind and giving spirit.  I can see it in her eyes.

jcole16757 said...

Such a beauty!  Happy Birthday, Becca!

deshelestraci said...

What a beautiful girl.  Happy Birthday and many more!
Traci

gardenmantis said...

So many 14 year old girls in J-Land! Happy Birthday Becca!
Mary

plieck30 said...

You have a beautiful daughter. I wish her many more "Happy Birthdays" Paula

awen1122 said...

I know I sound repetitive of everyone else....but my is she gorgeous!!!!!  Happy birthday Becca!!

sdoscher458 said...

Oh she is lovely....all of your kids are just gorgeous..Happy Birthday!! Sandi

astaryth said...

Happy Birthday Becca!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

abell1999 said...

Happy Birthday, Becca!

princesssaurora said...

She is a beautiful young woman.  All your kids are absolutely gorgeous and striking.  Wow, it does fly huh.

Happy Birhtday Becca!

Be well,
Dawn

dbp2000 said...

She is lovely!  Such a great picture.  Happy Birthday, Becca!

Donna

purplectigger said...

Happy Birthday Rebecca. What a beatiful girl she is. I can tell mom is proud.
Hugs, R.C.

heathyrxmarie said...

Happy Birthday Becca!
Hugs,
xoxo
Heather

sunnyside46 said...

you have beautiful children.
marti

gdireneoe said...

What a beauty!  Tell her Happy Birthday! ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

lilhoneybee81 said...

So pretty!!

Amber

memes121 said...

She is beautiful! Tell her I said Happy Birthday!

helmswondermom said...

What a beautiful daughter.  And a beautiful sentiment!

Lori