Wednesday, October 26, 2005

STUBBORN LIKE THAT

Dickidoo was mad at me last night.  Of course I was too dense to realize it.  When he called me to have me call the barbershop to find out what time they closed, I thought my 'I'm pretty sure it closes at 9' was good enough.  Besides, he had to go right by it to get the freezer tape I needed so why waste the energy making an unnecessary call, right?

Well, I called anyway, and then called him back to assure him that I had been correct.  I should have detected the heavy sarcasm in his voice then, but at that point I still didn't see what the big deal was, so it just sailed on right over my head.

This morning he stood by the table and asked me if my ears had been burning last night.  Naturally I denied it.  You pretty much have to be screaming in my face with spit flying and your veins near to bursting in your temple for me to get a clue that there might be a slight problem.  And then I remembered the phonecall.  About that?  I asked him and he nodded, adding that he had been very angry at my reluctance to make the phone call for him.  Angry?  Why?  He knew the number to my old work place, he used to call me there all the time.  I've only been gone 6 months.   I said it was 9, and it WAS!

Besides, I told him, if I had felt my ears burning, I never would have made the phone call.  I'm stubborn like that.

Hmmmmm.... that may have been the wrong answer considering the circumstances.

Why get mad over the simple things in life, like money and trust.  Save it for the big important things, like phone calls to the barber shop.

Well, Rocky is mad at me too.  She's mad because I made her do her homework before going to her friend's house to play.  Unfortunately by the time she finished her homework, her friend could no longer play.  My failure to coordinate our family homework time to coincide with her friend's gymnastics schedule was the root of this issue.  Tonight, in order to avoid another upsetting and unfortunate episode experienced yesterday I shall be calling all of the parents in the neighborhood to coordinate all of our schedules so that the children will be able to play together at the same time and there will be peace and harmony in the cul de sac.

NOT!

I'm stubborn like that! 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, but how can they stay mad at you?

Man, some of these kids have a fuller schedule than mine. It's like they need their own little pocketbook to organize dates and things. Darn those conflicting schedules!

Ari

Anonymous said...

LOL

I relate to being stubborn like that.

Once when my husband was young and foolish, he decided to give me the silent treatment.  I talked to him every chance I could.  I called him at work.  I talked to him through the bathroom door.  I just wouldn't let up.  He lasted a day.

Anonymous said...

ROFLMBO, me too!!!!  Hee Hee!

Blessings!~
Susan
http://journals.aol.com/rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle

Anonymous said...

Men are funny like that. Dion never gets mad about the big things , just the little picky stuff.
Hugs, R.c.

Anonymous said...

I almost hear circus music when I read all you have to juggle.  Your photoshop pics are so funny.  You ought to post one of him when he's mad over something silly like that.  I guess it's not trivial to him.  Doesn't really make much sense to me either.  Sounds like you're being pulled in a lot of directions right now.  Love your journal.  I have it on my alerts and read you every day.  Always a smile you bring.  Nelishia

Anonymous said...

Aren't kids great? Recently I had occasion to tell Matthew that I would not allow him to have a friend sleep over on a school night. Well! I am such a mean parent. Stupid me, I knew the other boy's Mom would say no, as well. I should have just waited and let her be the bad guy.
-Paul

Anonymous said...

Honestly, sometimes I think being a mum requires more business skills than Donald Trump could ever dream of - there's the Man Management. the Time Management, the Finanace Management, and for some of us, the Weight Management - that's before we've even touched on the "ations".

The delegation, the mediation, the motivation and finally .....if we're lucky at the end of a long day, the Meditation. But sometimes if things are particularly bad we can always rely on THE MEDICATION!!!

Tilly x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/

Anonymous said...

Don't you wish that just ONCE, everybody could be relatively happy and content at the same time?  I can't even imagine what that would be like.  I don't think most wives or moms can.  tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I know, the pissy hubby thing...uh, hello - are you not a friggin adult??  Do I ask you to call for my haircut?  Ugh

I also relate to Rocky... that is soooo my middle son.  And I will not be coordinating our lives to his friends either...he may never get over it.  Oh well, that is what therapy is for when he is an adult!  @@  LOL

Be well,
Dawn

http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/
Poetry:
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/TouchofEmpathy/

Anonymous said...

lolololololololol

Anonymous said...

never fails...hubby's are predictable. It has something to do with the wiring of the brain...totally different from the female brain LOL...Sandi