Tuesday, May 23, 2006

FAILED PHOTO OPPORTUNITY (or not!)

After several attempts I pretty much gave up all hopes of getting a picture of the guys in which ALL of them had their eyes opened.  Quite obviously, as in Dickidoo's case, that might have been a good thing.  Oh well.  Thats our good friend 'Singe' there on the left.  I won't go into how he came to be called that at this time, but I'll give you a hint, it has everything to do with his beard and fire, and on more than one occasion!

I talked to Kas, aka 'hestiahomeschool' the other night on the phone.  She and her family are vacationing just outside of town in the mountains.  Hopefully we'll be able to get together on Thursday.  Gabe will be on his way out east to visit his son, but the rest of the family will be driving out to meet them.  I can't wait.  It will sure be interesting to see what happens when our two families get together!  Look out Colorado, hold on to the hand rails, its a JLand reunion!

Today is the last day of school.  The bell will ring while I am at work, but I will feel in, deep inside of my 'mother's heart'.  It will be marked by a sudden sense of sadness, and doom! 

86 more days until school starts.  Oh Lord, please give me the strength, patience (and Bacardi) to survive!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! there's no denying who's son Gabe is!! lol.. the heck with in 10 yrs from now!...  it's MINI-ME Dickiedoo!!  

You sure sound like you are enjoying Gabe's vacation from the "bad lands"..

Dickiedoo looks in great spirits too!!  (not that he's a grump, he just looks especially happy)

I love beards and "singe" has a nice one!!  I got the clue to how he got his name, I guess he's lucky he still has one at all!!  

Anonymous said...

I think Singe's beard looks pretty darn good, now. Today is the last day of school here. So let the suffering begin!

Brenda

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous that you get to meet the Ridimans.  Have fun and take pictures!
Yah, the resemblance is frightening!
Traci

Anonymous said...

OMG ... how did you manage to get each of them to wear such awesome head-dress!!!  Turkey feathered, horned and antlered too!!!
Redbird

Anonymous said...

Dorn, I love your countdown till school begins.  It cracks me up every time!!

And yet it scares me........lol......I'll be there someday...eeek!

Anonymous said...

sending quick summer vibes to you!!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

So much excitement going on for you!!!  Oh now, you will have fun with the Oompas... lol

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

you have a good time with the family in CO? It should be interesting.

Anonymous said...

LOL LOL LOL.......:-)