Friday, November 21, 2008

Craving...

I've been having some crazy craving lately. Today it's jelly filled doughnuts. Yesterday it was anything salty. The lasagna for dinner didn't satisfy me so this morning, after watching some kid chomp down on a powdered sugar coated raspberry jelly filled Dunkin' Doughnut that is all I can think about.

Well, not really. I've been doing a mental happy dance since the night before last. We made Gabe's flight reservations for next month. He and Little Ryott should be here on the 5th. Woo hoo! They will have to leave just before Christmas, but that's okay because we will obviously be celebrating early.

Winter is here. There has been snow on the mountains for a few weeks, and it even snowed for a few moments here in town but nothing really hung around until now. The temperature dips and stays down for days at a time now before shooting back up just to tease before dropping again. Driving Big Red really sucks now with the stuck window and broken heater. It beats walking 2.7 miles to work though. I'm looking forward to a new vehicle in the spring though. Something tells me it won't be a brand spanking new ride like I had hoped, but so long as it's not a mini van with a stuck window and a broken heater I'll be content.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Great news! I bet you are counting the hours until Gabe and the little one can be home with you. My jeep is just as bad if I do not drive with the window open I can smell the carbon monoxide leaking up through the hole in the floor...LOL
Have a good one

cw2smom said...

Dorn! It sounds like a great holiday time for you and your family! 33 days til Christmas? Yikes! I can't hardly handle the fact Thanksgiving is next week! LOL! Lisa

zipbagofbones said...

YAY for jelly donuts and family coming home for the holidays. I wish we had snow here today!

Julie said...

What a bummer about the van, have one just like that, lol except for now the door sticks open. I do have a new one though finally and just use the old for those snowy days where some idiot may hit us. I bet you can hardly wait for Gabe to get back. Won't be long now.

garnett109 said...

Just throw new tires on it and put vanila air freshener in it and it'll look and smell new!

Glad to her Gabe will be home soon!

REGINA said...

i am keeping my fingers crossed for a nice new truck, not that anything will ever REPLACE big red. glad you will be seeing "the boys" before long.

blessings,

regina

Amy said...

if you get a jelly doughnut, I want one too!! Raspberry would be good, but I'm not above any other flavour. erm....except custard. that kinda gives me the willies.

Donna - DBP said...

Jody: I have given you an award. Please check it out.
http://dustbunnyprotector.blogspot.com/2008/11/i-feel-special.html

Traci said...

I hate donut cravings. They are relentless!!!
Can't wait to see pictures of your boy and grandboy!!!
Praying for a newer vehicle for you!

Anonymous said...

lol you never told us JO, what happened to " The Go Cart" aka the Blue Mercury, ( I think it was ) you just all of a sudden quit talking about it did you give it to the oompa's so they'd have something to drive around in since you started driving big red again?

~ Christopher ~

http://cmarlow480.blogspot.com/