Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful...




I woke up this morning tired and cross. Wait, scratch that. In order to wake up one must actually have been asleep, and I got no sleep last night. Dickidoo has the flu and he coughed and hacked like Felix Unger at his worst. It's going to be a long day at work.

But despite a little sleep deprivation, I can find so many things to be thankful for. Let's start with the fact that my son Gabe landed safely on American soil earlier this month. I have no idea what the future holds in store for him, but for now he is safe, and for that I am forever grateful.

With the exception of Dickidoo's current flu affliction and screwed up back, we are all pretty much in good health. For that I am thankful. I shall take the liberty of speaking for Dickidoo and say that he is thankful that he is not a horse, for if he was we probably would have put him down a long time ago. But he is not, and for that we are all thankful.

I am also somewhat thankful for the noise and chaos in my house, because it is in fact here in my house. I secretly dread the day when the sounds of sibling rivalry no longer echoes in the hallways of The House Of Oompa. It is only 8:30 am and already laughter fills the house. Yes, I think I shall miss this and will take the ruckus that comes with the package deal if it means I can experience the sounds of happiness just a little bit longer.

I'm thankful for Kellogg's for not discontinuing the production of it's tootie fruitie Fruit Loops, for over the years it's fragrance has had an instant calming effect on me when the pressures and stress of the present day becomes too over whelming. The brief mental escape into the carefree memories of yester-year have proven beneficial to me and, more importantly, to the entire family. They are more thankful than they realize for Kellogg's Fruit Loops.

And, as I always make sure to point this out, I am thankful to Al Gore for inventing the Internet, for without the internet I would not have met all the wonderful people I have over the years within the walls of The Dust Bunny Club Of North America.

Thank you all, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!

Dorn~


9 comments:

Astaryth said...

Here's hoping You, Dickidoo, and all the Oompas have a great Turkey Day!

garnett109 said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

DEBBIE SHOULD"VE PUT ME TO SLEEP YEARS AGO ALSO!

garnett109 said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

DEBBIE SHOULD"VE PUT ME TO SLEEP YEARS AGO ALSO!

Kathy said...

Oh, I do hope your Thanksgiving Day has been wonderful and filled with exhaustion (cause it isn't a holiday if Mom isn't tired) and joy. Lots of joy!

rons corner said...

Ah, I am thankful that I can have Thanksgiving with my family.

I remember back in 1989, in Ansbach, eating dinner with other soldiers at the messhall. It was good, but...surely ain't the same with family.

You know the feeling as well!

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving~~

Traci said...

Yeah I'm thankful for ol' Al too! he he...
And you too! Hope the day was wonderful!

Donna. W said...

How good to find you again! I lost track of you somehow on AOL a long time ago! Amazing how many I've re-discovered here on Blogger.

ambradream said...

Great Post-You have such a good sense of humor! I love it!!!