Sunday, November 16, 2008

Noodles of fire! and yes... yet another blog!

My tongue is sore and swollen. It's all the Oompas fault. They didn't leave me any supper so I had to eat spicy udon when I got home from work. 'Spicy' was hardly the word for it. 'Positively flammable' was probably more appropriate. I'm still belching flames, and I don't dare fart... which is quite a challenge being as we had chorizo chili for lunch. (hmmm... I'm thinking my tongue probably won't be the only thing hurting come morning!)

I spent the evening roaming around the store, watching people. Tonight I saw a young boy, probably about 10 years old, alone in the toy department. He was sitting on the ground in front of a shelf, his elbows on his knees and his face in his hands, staring intently at a toy package. Suddenly he buried his face in his hands and sighed so deeply that you'd think the weight of the world was rested on his young shoulders. Then he straightened up and returned his gaze to the toy.


Oh, to be young again when the biggest worry on your mind was what to put on the top of the list in your letter to Santa.


As promised, here is the link for my guess blogger spot:


I will only be posting there about once a week, and being as I am just a guest I shall have to keep my act somewhat clean. If you have time, check out the other blog-mothers. They have some pretty diverse and amazing stories, I feel so ... ordinary in their company. And sooooooooo old, and fluffy! I should have at least mowed my eye brows before I took my picture. Grrrrrrr!


4 comments:

garnett109 said...

Can you say Icecream?

Traci said...

Love the website where you are guest blogging! Lots of fun over there.

Unknown said...

I have to go check it out (the mothers blog). I hate burnt tongues.

Mis Melissa said...

I am so glad i found your journal again, I cant say i will be here alot but when i do check journals yours will be top of the list..