Wednesday, November 5, 2008

WINDS OF CHANGE

I voted yesterday as did Dickidoo. Zack risked a 3 and a half hour wait to vote early but he voted. My friend in the deli voted for the first time after gaining citizenship (she was as excited as a kid in the candy store). Gabe probably didn't. There is so much involved in getting absentee ballots to the soldiers overseas that despite the importance of their votes, they often go uncast.

I won't say who I voted for, I will only say that my candidate did not win. I hope that I was wrong about the other candidate and the majority of Americans were right. But if I may have the luxury of even the briefest of sore losership... "Be careful what you wish for..."

That is all.

(If this guy were running for President I would have voted for him)

4 comments:

zipbagofbones said...

Very gracious post. I had no idea it was so difficult for soldiers to cast their votes. That seems so inherently wrong.

garnett109 said...

I thought they gave soldiers over seas time to get their ballots in?
Great video

Traci said...

I'm with you. Be careful what you wish for...

Michelle said...

I voted for the other guy but you are still may favorite dust bunny farmer!! ;)
Yay for the woman you work with voting for the first time. What a very proud moment for her!!