Friday, April 22, 2005

FEEL GOODS, Part II

Have you ever noticed how good it feels to slip between crisp, clean, new sheets?  I slept like a Queen last night and it was soooo hard to get out of bed this morning.  It was the same mattress, same squishy mattress pad, but the addition of brand new sheets fresh from the wash made it feel like Heaven!

Other feel-goods of mine, as in 'touchy, feely' kind of feel goods are:

 1.  A buzz cut!  I love to run my hand over Steve's freshly cut hair, and poor Gabe, I kept messing with his Basic Buzz.  Its like velvet to my hands.

 2.  Freshly mowed grass... I love to lay on it, a cushion of fragrant blades, soft as a feather bed.

 3.  Sand!  I grew up on an island and I loved the feel of sand falling from between my fingers, and under my bare feet.

 4.  Oh yeah, mud squishing between my toes!

 5.  A baby's soft skin.  If my skin were that soft I'd never stop touching myself!  I guess its a good thing its not, I wouldn't want people to think I was any weirder than they already think of me as.

 6.  Cool water on a hot day.  Nothing feels better!

 7.  Warmth from a fire on a cold day.  Again, nothing feels better!

 8.  Money!  Money has a distinctive feel, most people can tell the difference between a $20 bill and an ordinary piece of paper with their eyes closed, relying on the sence of touch only. 

 9.  The breeze on my hands and face.  Even when I'm driving I've got my hand out the window.

10.  My computer keyboard!  Oh my goodness, when I was away from it while traveling I thought I was going to go nuts.  When I finally got back home 5 days later I came straight here to the computer, sat down and put my fingers on the keys... not even waiting for Windows to load, and I just sighed, I was home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you...and remembering to be tactile and to enjoy touching things is one of the great small pleasures of life. i also love to smell things.  I know I could identify each of my children just by their smell....

Anonymous said...

ah yes, a velcro head ... I get away with it with Ken, but Steven dodges me every time!!!