Monday, March 20, 2006

DICKIDOO DOES DC (continued)

Dickidoo returned home from DC on Friday, walking like an old man, but packing tons of awesome pictures.   Much as it pains me to admit this... he really did good.  So good in fact that I am thinking about setting up a site to display his pictures.  He took a bunch of pictures of what he thought I would have taken pictures of(including the automatic toilets at the airport... which I have to admit were really cool!), but it was the shots he took that appealed to his own eye that I found to be most remarkable. 

By the way, no, he didn't take that picture of himself... he set it up and then had a co-worker take the shot for him.  I love the angle... you can see right up his nose!  And yes, he really did visit the Capitol and the Pentagon wearing a Gallagher tee shirt.  Good 'ole Dickidoo!

The best part of the trip, in my opinion, was that he was able to visit one of Gabe's wounded friends at Bethesda Naval Hospital.  The soldier is still in a light coma, but Steve was able to spend a little time with him and his wonderfully upbeat and hopeful mother.  He recognized him as the friend that Gabe had introduced to him during his visit to Fort Campbell back in June.

The second best part about the trip is that it is now over, which means my Baby is back home, sort of.  Its snowing and now that the paparrazi bug has infected him, Dickidoo has my camera again.   I'm about to issue a restraining order because this joint custody thing just isn't working.  Get your own dang camera Dickidoo!  AGH!  (can't wait to see his pictures though!  Maybe he'll catch the bobcat he's always seeing playing in the snow.  That would be sooooo cool!)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that shot!  But yeah, Dickiedoo needs his own baby to play with.  Father's Day is in June!  LOL

Anonymous said...

I love that picture... the angle is great!  Hope to see more!  I am glad that he got to visit with the mom of Gabe's injured friend.  That must have been a huge comfort to her...

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

It is an awesome shot, but don't tell him how good he is you will never see your camera again! lol

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see all of his pictures!!
Michelle :)

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see the pics tell dickadoo to give back your camera or at least share lol how much snow did you get we got 4-6 depending on where you are standing :)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I have to say I'm liking dickidoo's pictures.... maybe he DOES need his own camera. The prices on digitals have really come down. He doesn't necessarily need an SLR, I saw a nice 4 megapixel with 12x zoom (NOT digital zoom either!) the other day for a very reasonable price. Maybe it would make a good birthday present!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Joint custody never works. And you don't want baby split in half! Get him a good camera, but tell him it's his gift for Birthdya/Christmas/Anniversary etc....payback can be fun!  Sandi

Anonymous said...

A great shot! Thanks for sharing. If you do create a site, be sure to let us know.

Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage

Anonymous said...

Great picture!  I always wanted to go to Washington!  Thanks for sharing! :-) LOL

 

Anonymous said...

well I am glad both of your babies are home safe
Marti

Anonymous said...

you tell dickidoo to get his own camera and leave yours alone. LOL. Happy he had a good time.