Wednesday, March 15, 2006

QUESTION OF THE DAY:

If you saw someone with a long nose hair protruding from their nostril, would you tell them?

I was raised not to point out a person's imperfections and so I would have to say that no, I would not mention it.  Apparently all of my co-workers and customers were also raised that way.

My children somehow, but very obviously were not.  (?) 

Art and Becca had a half day today and rode back to work with me after lunch.  We spent my last break at the store's Subway where Art so delicately pointed out 'Dang Mom, you have a huge nose hair sticking out!'   I ran to the restroom, grabbed the hair with both hands and pulled with all my might.  Tears streamed down my cheeks from the pain and for some reason my right eye twitched but the hair wasn't budging.  So I spent the last two hours of my shift constantly wiping my nose in the hopes that I might eventually be able to wipe the hair away, or at the very least stuff it back up my nose.  By the way, the stuffing of the hair back in the nose is only a temporary fix.  It will blow back out with your next breath.

You can bet that immediately upon my return home I hauled out the scissors and cropped my nose-fro.  When it was all over, the sink looked like the floor of a boot camp barber shop.  I don't see how I managed to breath with all that hair up there!  All I can say is that I'm in some serious trouble if that old saying about cut hair growing back 3x thicker proves to be true!

Nose Grooming Salon 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I telll my hubby all the time....but when no one else is around!  LOL
Becky

Anonymous said...

Of course I had to run to the mirror and inspect my nostrils.....whewwwww nothing growing (yet) lmaoooooooo

Anonymous said...

ROFLOL!  Just wait until you get to the age when, after you have just spent hours in public with your children, you discover a huge, black whisker hanging from your chin -- and they didn't tell you!  You arrive home, the light is just right and oh no!   You see it!  Trust me, you'll beg them to tell you from that point on!  But hopefully before you leave the house.  LOL

Anonymous said...

Woman? Where do you get these questions. It must be fun inside your head! LoL

My answer is YES!

Brenda

Anonymous said...

Where do you find these things? Gross, I could feel the pain when I pinched the tweezers.....I guess we all grow hairier the older we get, too bad it's not all on top of our heads....Sandi

Anonymous said...

Damn middle age, damn kids.  lol  The rouladen and spaetzles look good!  My mom is 100% german and has the 'secret' family recipe straight from over there! lol

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

all i can say is:  

Mid-life is when the growth of hair on our legs slows down. This gives us
plenty of time to care for our newly acquired mustache.

Anonymous said...

So, I was sitting there, pulling one hair after the other out of that guys nose and giggling..... now G. thinks I'm twisted.... like he didn't already know that <g>
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

lol kids they tell it like it is, Happy you got all the nose hairs out.

Anonymous said...

I think I would tell a family member or friend myself.....maybe you can cut it out?