Saturday, March 25, 2006

THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO 'EWWWW', (con't)

I work in the retail industry (translation: I'm a cashier at a grocery/general merchandise store) and scan hundreds and thousands of items each work day.  I'm not the most observant person in the world.  In fact my power of observation pretty much sucks.  But today while scanning the endless stream of products that came down my conveyer belt, two items in particular caught my somewhat warped attention.

Quick Dissolving Toilet Tissue (for RV's and campers).  Did I read that right?  Quick dissolving toilet paper?  Good golly, I don't want quick dissolving nothing!  I don't need some thin single ply biodegradable tissue that will disintergrate in my hands mid-wipe!  I need to know that my toilet paper is going to handle the toughest of jobs for as long as it takes!  No thank you, I'll pass in favor of Ultra Charmin which has been known to clog the sewer line for years.  I may have to pull out the plunger 2x a month, but by golly, my hands are clean!

Disposable Feminine Douche.  Okay, disposable, as compared to what... non-disposable douche?  Is there a barrel set up at the hazardous waste dumping site for all the non-disposable douche, right next to the barrels for used antifreeze and automotive oil?  

I think I'm going to stop reading labels.  They are getting too disturbing.

And for the record, I'm not making these up.  Go to the feminine hygiene and Sporting Goods sections of any store and see for yourself.... if you dare!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I swear I believe you, I agree with you on the toilet paper. Yuck.

Anonymous said...

Don't think I will be buying any quick-dissolving toilet paper anytime soon! LOL

~ Susan
http://journals.aol.com/njmom72/InMyLife

Anonymous said...

ewww...I do not want stuff dissolving when I am wiping nasty stuff off my butt!
becky

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the chuckle... I am having a foggy day and needed that!!!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. I think I will pass on both of these. It's it weird what you learn about things when you read labels. I quit doing that.
Hugs, R.c.

Anonymous said...

"I need to know that my toilet paper is going to handle the toughest of jobs for as long as it takes! "

Darlin' Dorn,

How in God's name do you think this shit up? OOps... sor-ry.

You must stop reading labels, my dear. However, I totally agree with you.

Once upon a time a frequent visitor at my last house mournfully exclaimed that he could never find an adequate role of toilet paper in any of the 5 bathrooms in our very digestively active household. He came to the house one day with a roll of industrial grade toilet paper that was about 18 inches in width and absolutely grated one's tender underloins mercilessly and clogged up the septic system for months. Yep,a role that size guaranteed we'd never run low.... but I'll take the Charmin' any ole day:)

XOXOX
Maryanne
http://insidethegildedcage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

The douche comment caused me to snort my coffee up my nose....

Anonymous said...

As one who owns a camper, VW bus, quick dissolving TP is great for your chemical loo, you've just got to be darned quick yourself!