Sunday, March 5, 2006

FARTING FOR FUN AND $

Dickidoo and I went to the Comedy Corner last night.  We don't go out much now that I seem to be blessed with working every weekend night.  So we go there to take advantage of the free admission we were provided, sat in the no-smoking section of Loonee's that is separated only by an aisle between the tables and apparently some special smoke repelling force field that is naked to the human eye but is able to keep the second hand smoke contained in the other half of the room because there is no other visible barrier.

2 hours later and $42 poorer I came out of the club still giggling about the show.  You want to know what?  Between those three comedians there were more fart and turd references than in the entire Dust Bunny archives!  And that can only lead me to determine that #1) bodily functions ARE funny (they actually got paid to talk about farts!) and #2) I must refine my material and start charging!  There is money in farts.  Bring on the burritos!

As for the smoke resistant force field... it actually seemed to work... on the smoke that is.  Unfortunately the smell still got through to the non smoking section and I came home smelling like an ashtray.

Ah, but what a fun night it was!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you got out for some fun you both need that :)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun night... good for you both, you deserve it!  Soon in NJ, starting on 4/15, all restaurants, bars and clubs will be non smoking!  YAY!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

lol my husband farts all the time. Well I'm happy you had a good time.  

Anonymous said...

Ah, what a great night you must have had..sounds like you had lots of fun. :-)

~ Susan
http://journals.aol.com/njmom72/InMyLife

Anonymous said...

I love comedy shows....laughing until your cheeks hurt. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy some adult entertainment....Sandi